***This role can be located in McLean, VA, or Dallas, TX ***
In Commercial Strategy, Insights, and Analytics, we are internal consultants to key functions across the business, including Hilton’s Customer, Brands, Marketing, Digital, Revenue, and Sales organizations, with specialized support for the executive leadership team. The team consists of both embedded authorities who serve as strategic advisors to key partners and technical specialists who are proficient in advanced analytics techniques and tools. The team is integrated with the business functions to ensure close partnership and to optimally measure and drive company performance.What will I be doing?
Working with the Senior Manager of Sales Analytics, this role will be leading analytic efforts as part of a multi-functional project team supporting major commercial initiatives, decision making, and revenue management strategies. Heavily embedded with the business, the role will need to provide key analytical leadership during strategy development, requirements gathering, modeling, and measurement applications. You will also collaborate with other commercial analytic leads in developing advanced techniques including statistical analysis to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of critical initiatives. Additionally, this role will have a focus on driving automation into day-to-day analytical workflows.
More specifically, you will:
What are we looking for?
- Run queries to pull data extracts, synthesize analyses, and interpret trends and variances.
- Support key reoccurring analytics projects including the Commercial Performance Review and Commercial sections of the Quarterly Business Review.
- Support projects with multi-functional analytic and business teams, including but not limited to data science, marketing, digital, customer and product teams.
- Support requirements gathering sessions with the business or key partner groups.
- Measure and monitor the performance and effectiveness of strategic commercial initiatives.
- Participate in special projects and other related duties, including advanced ad-hoc assignments/analysis.
- Log and track project and ad-hoc deliverables using demand management software.
- Support new hire training, mentor new hires, and help to improve the team’s analytical and technical skills.
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Collaborative and organized teammate, who builds positive relationships and trust
- Strong probing and problem-solving skills while using analytical techniques
- Multi-tasker, who manages multiple projects and priorities effectively under time constraints
- Persuasive communicator, who will positively influence Hilton’s partners with clear and concise messaging
- Self-starter, who takes initiative in implementing goals, utilizes analytical skills, and possesses adaptability to change
- Accountable individual, who effectively communicates results and recommends improvements
- Continuous learner, bringing new ideas and updated tools/methods for the team to leverage
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Three (3) years of professional experience in roles creating and analyzing reports, gathering reporting requirements, developing reports and dashboards
- Three (3) years working with data representation, storytelling, analyses, and modeling
- Working knowledge of BI and data tools (including SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc.)
What is it like working for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor’s degree in analytical or related field
- Four (4) years of professional experience
- One (1) year functional experience in Hotel Sales, Revenue Management, or Hospitality Analytics
- One (1) year of forecasting, pricing, and business analysis experience
- Experience in advanced analytic techniques, particularly within R or Python toolkits
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton
: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands
. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits
such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive
environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog
to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.