With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Senior Director, Brand Management (Hilton Garden Inn) – Greater China & Mongolia serves as the senior Brand Management team member in region and is responsible for leading and managing the brand strategy for Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) in the Greater China & Mongolia (GCM) region. This include ensuring consistency across the system and maintaining meaningful differentiation through clearly defined product and service positioning standards and supporting enterprise unit distribution strategies by assisting with the launch of a franchising model.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Director, Brand Management (Hilton Garden Inn) – Greater China & Mongolia, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead and manage key brand initiatives designed to enhance the on-property customer experience and drive programs and products that foster a commercial culture across all aspects of the business while adhering to owner-friendly economics.
- Assist with launching a scalable franchising support model, including in language resources, to support net unit growth objectives.
- Work with enterprise partners to establish development, operational, and performance reporting standardization.
Executing for Results
- In partnership with the VP, Brand Management (Focused Service & All Suites) and the Director, Strategic Programs, adapt the Brand to the context of the country and conduct or collaborate on all activities needed to grow the brand, including research, prototype and design development or optimization, F&B programming, and brand personality.
- Work closely with the VP, Operations (Focused Service) - GCM and the development team to ensure a strategic approach to new deals and support the development team with any growth opportunities. Ensure development team is equipped with the most current brand specific information.
- Identify opportunities to standardize, streamline and leverage scale across all cost-drivers.
- Work with Brand Performance Support (BPS) and other performance focused teams to develop and educate various stakeholders on successful and measurable programs to assist in growing revenue, driving loyalty & service culture, increasing profitability and executing brand and enterprise wide objectives.
- Work across the enterprise to drive innovation, improve integration, and increase automation to achieve efficiency and effectiveness leading to greater profitability and owner/customer satisfaction within all operating models.
- Manage, appropriately leverage and influence cross-functional links between Brand Management and internal resources, departments, and geographies to build necessary Brand and supporting function capabilities in China. Examples include: Development, Architecture, Design & Construction, Openings, Operations, Hilton Supply Management, Commercial Services (Hilton Worldwide Sales, Revenue Management), Quality Assurance, etc.
- Develop strong, positive working relationships with the VP of Focused Service Operations, as well as owners and owner representatives to gather feedback, address concerns, and cultivate enthusiasm for the brands and support for enterprise and brand initiatives.
What are we looking for?
A Senior Director, Brand Management (HGI) – GCM serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Possess over 8 years of hospitality experience with at least 4 years in brand management
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in managing a team in a matrix-based organization and/or across multiple functions including hotel marketing, sales, revenue management, hotel operations, and/or distribution/reservation strategies
- Able to work across the enterprise with a high degree of diplomacy and collaboration
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast paced, high accountability yet team-first environment
- Strong content knowledge across brand management, commercial and operational topics with an understanding of key hospitality industry performance measures and drivers of profitability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in both English and Chinese), including the ability to communicate with a range of audiences like hotel team members, owners, commercial leaders, corporate colleagues and executives
- Experience in developing annual plans, corporate budgets, narratives, forecasts and strategic roadmaps for projects, business units and large organizations
- Experience with managing project deliverables and milestones; ability to keep project moving toward successful completion in face of optimistic schedules and setbacks; ability to resolve risks; skilled at communications and providing structure
- Able to handle multiple projects within deadlines and work effectively under time and resource constraints; work well under tight deadlines and effectively balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Willing to travel up to 50%, primarily within the GCM region and occasionally to Singapore
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!