Job Requirements Position Summary:
The Senior Sales Manager works to maximize sales occupancy and rates in conjunction with hotel operations, to increase profits by increasing room sales and generating business through aggressive sales efforts. The Senior Sales Manager is a leader amongst the sales team and provides daily support to the Sales Managers. The Senior Sales Manager also supports the Director of Sales & Marketing in developing the strategic plan to drive revenue results. The Senior Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales & MarketingCore Responsibilities:
Work Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Conduct a successful, aggressive solicitation process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, telephone calls, email, personalized letters, video sales and virtual tours. As a proactive Sales Manager, 80% (eighty) of the time should be sent in active sales solicitation.
- Provide daily support to the Sales Managers with assistance in account development, activities, sales calls, site visits and business evaluation.
- Assist the Director of Sales in creating a realistic, and aggressive, annual marketing plan. Update your portion of this plan on a monthly basis to ensure it is up to date and changes with market conditions.
- Quarterly Action Plan to be created each quarter that ties into the annual marketing plan and market conditions. This includes developing sales strategies and timelines for your market segments.
- Send proposals on all leads which fit the profile of the property and actively follow through to convert from proposal to definite status. Proposals should be sent to clients immediately upon holding space.
- Clearly outline on the client’s room block requirements, suite/upgrade requirements, meeting space requirements, budget information, decision maker/process and client’s hot buttons.
- Obtain, document and route all necessary information on definite groups, including billing information, credit application, rooming list and VIP arrangements. Details on meeting arrangements, menus, audio-visual arrangements, etc. should be documented and passed on to the catering manager for follow up.
- Forecast your group production on a weekly basis and provide to your Director of Sales to ensure a property forecast can be created.
- Participate in Group Pick Up meetings as needed. Provide feedback to Group Housing Manager on any of your group changes including number of rooms needed and cut off dates.
- Achieve all assigned KPI’s. Including sales solicitation goals, bookings, lead response times and group pace.
- Participate in weekly revenue calls as requested, bringing your group forecast to the call. Be able to talk through your current sales pipeline for any leads that will convert so the team can talk through transient rate strategy for that timeframe.
- Make Director of Sales aware of any group offers/e-blasts that need to be created for your market segments.
- Submit expense reports on a weekly basis to your Director of Sales & Marketing
- Prepare any sales reporting needed by management or ownership.
- Maintain total and complete sensitivity to customer satisfaction and guest’s needs.
- Assist the Director of Sales on special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 years as a high performing Sales Manager within Remington or 5+ years with related sales experience
- Strong business communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Talk and listen to clients, demonstrating excellent sales skills by knowing and selling the hotel in a professional and courtesy manner.
- Demonstrate proven creative thinking to win the business.
- High work ethic and self-initiative
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite products and sales systems.
- Some travel may be required
- Adheres to proper attendance guidelines as established by employee handbook and property Director of Sales/General Manager.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs to the property.
- Must possess basic computational ability
- Focus and maintain attention to tasks, and complete work assignments on time, despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff, managers, corporate staff and ownership.
- Must maintain staff & guest confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to lead departmental meetings and participate in/lead hotel team meetings.
- Sit, stand and walk for varying lengths of time.
- Lift approximately twenty (20) pounds.
- Grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, pulling, pushing, listening and hearing ability, and visual ability.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers, scanner, and other office equipment as needed.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.