About the job
At Iberostar we are looking for an Spanish Creative Copywriter to join our Copy team in our internal advertising agency, at Palma de Mallorca, but before knowing more about the position, we think it's important that you learn a little about us, Iberostar Group:
- We are a 100% family business (specifically, a family of more than 30,000 employees).
- We are operating in 35 countries and our headquarters is based in Palma de Mallorca.
- Our values are very important to us, all our actions are aligned with them (Passion, Responsibility, Transparency, Creativity and Humility).
- We are pioneers in sustainable tourism (Check out our Wave of Change movement to learn more).
If this sounds interesting to you... maybe this is your place! :)
As an Spanish Creative Copywriter, your role will be based on:
- Reporting to the Head of Copy and working daily with the Creative Director to manage and implement an effective creative strategy for the Spanish-speaking market.
- Taking ownership of brand messaging, coming up with creative ideas and working with the Head of Copy to ensure that all copy is on-point, grammatically correct and clear.
- Working together in a team of fellow translators and copywriters (US, French, German, Portuguese) to produce top quality content for various channels and departments (E-Commerce, Marketing etc.).
- Proofreading, writing and editing copy to support brand positioning and upholding standards when it comes to everything that Iberostar publishes in Spanish.
- Helping the Head of Copy ensure that copy for two of our markets (English and Spanish) are delivered to the same standard, accurately translated and tailored to the needs of the company.
- Follow through with creative campaigns from initial idea to execution (communicating with the rest of the creative department to ensure effective brand messaging).
- Working on several copies at the same time, including important in-stay messaging within Iberostar hotels from around the world.
- Translating comfortably from English to Spanish. Alongside two other copywriters working in English, you will also need to be able to adapt claims, scripts etc into Spanish.
Who is the ideal person for this job?
- Native Spanish Speaker.
- Based in Mallorca.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position as a copywriter, content manager or editor.
- Degree in Advertising, Media and Communications, Literature etc.
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- Experience writing copy in a variety of ways, ideally within the tourism/ hospitality sector.
- Comfortable managing high volumes of copy and working to tight deadlines.
- Full of ideas when it comes to brand campaigns and the know-how to produce compelling copy and visuals.
- A good listener and team player.
Our Proposal for you:
We offer you the opportunity to be part of a great company and develop your career with us and enjoy:
- Smart working: flexible working hours and hybrid-work model.
- Opportunity for progression within the company: variety of opportunities and projects that will allow you to develop your potential and grow professionally every day.
- Work in an inspiring environment that is committed to people, values and a responsible tourism model.
- You will be part of our Iberostar Vitality community, with access to a multitude of wellness activities.
What are you waiting for to join our team? We are looking forward to meeting you, apply for the offer! :) #WeAreIberostar.