Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
This role will be responsible for providing high-level executive communications support to C-suite leaders across the Americas. In addition, this person will develop organizational communication strategies and implement processes, activities, and programs that result in consistent messages and timely dissemination of information, in order to increase awareness of the organization’s activities and enhance organizational understanding.
The successful candidate will have excellent influencing and collaboration skills and work to coordinate communication efforts with communication teams across Global Corporate Affairs in multiple regions, to ensure consistent messages are being delivered and successfully received by shared audiences in the region.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, a skilled communicator who will feel comfortable providing expert counsel to leaders and other relevant stakeholder groups on communications best practices, channels and execution. H/she will develop, design, lead and manage communications plans to support adoption and awareness for stakeholder groups (internal IHG & Hotel).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead communications efforts for senior executives across the Americas region and provide executive level communications support to include town hall management, script development, talking points, video production, strategic communication plans and briefing documents
- Support internal colleague communications and HR communications related to employee engagement to drive awareness and foster a culture of informed colleagues that feel included.
- Support D&I centered communications across the region.
- Must be an excellent writer and storyteller to communicate the often-changing landscape of the hospitality business in a digestible manner for colleagues across the Americas (a writing sample will be required).
- Manage communications and content development both within assigned organization, as well as regional and other global business units to ensure a cohesive communications strategy regarding implementation and ongoing structure of the organization and other communications plans.
- Develop ongoing program and internal communications plans, including individual components addressing identified key audiences.
- Ensure that plan meets organizational communication goals and that communications are consistent in tone of message, look and feel of communication, and adherence to overall Company standards.
- Proactively develop communications bulletins, announcements, news stories, plans or strategies to disseminate key functional initiatives, programs and events to designated groups of employees and hotels to drive adoption, awareness and engagement.
- Work with management to ensure communication tone and style is consistent.
- Contribute to the long-term communications strategy and champion initiatives throughout functional and regional teams and plans.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in a Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, English, or similar relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Six to ten years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent knowledge of working within a Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and crisis management issues.
- Demonstrated excellence in preparing clear and concise written business communications for all types and levels of audiences.
- Must possess excellent time and project management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer-focus orientation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong business focus with ability to think strategically (3-5 years out) and research pertinent business trends.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans