Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Purpose of the Role: Responsible for the overall strategic direction and execution for all IHG Infrastructure Operations.
Establish the vision, mission, and overall global strategy for all Infrastructure Operations initiatives to align with the overall goals of IHG across multiple business functions. This includes consistent standards for Infrastructure Operations and support of Unified Compute, PaaS, IasS, Automation, Product Engineering, End User Services, Regional IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Support Services (Help Desk) and ITSM process and methodology.
1.Provide thought-leadership on the use of infrastructure technology innovation to meet and exceed business goals. Drive innovation with internal and external partners.
2.Leads Infrastructure Operations business planning, as well as, direct and oversees the methodology, tools, development standards, design, testing, release, and maintenance of the Infrastructure Operations programs.
3.Drives innovation and automation across the end to end data center environment.
4.Deep grasp on industry best practices to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support new processes, tools and solutions to achieve better business results.
5.Ensures the availability, performance, resiliency, scalability and security of complex technical environments.
6.Collaborate with internal stakeholders, vendors, industry consultants, and senior leaders to define and establish agreed upon service levels. Monitor technology service levels and insure business partners needs and expectations are met. Improve service levels where appropriate
7.Integrate activities with business units and other departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of Infrastructure Operations project efforts.
8.Plan, organize, and own subordinate functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets
9.Lead and develop teams of highly experienced, motivated and talented professionals in driving and executing Infrastructure Operations project and programs.
10.Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or security operational problems.
11.Ability to run and drive large-scale, cross-functional programs, global in reach.
12.Own vendor and supplier relationship including, negotiations and management, to ensure service, quality and cost efficiency.
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Commercial Applications priorities
- Marketing & Channel Applications
- Revenue Systems, Channels
- Cyber Security
- Enterprise Data
- Global and Regional IT Operations
- Hotel and Owner Solutions Development and Deployment
- Enterprise Architecture
- Commercial Application Business Partners and Stakeholders
- Marketing and Channel Business Partners and Stakeholders
- Corporate Business Partners and Stakeholders
- Technology Services Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) with progressive work experience in Computer Science/MIS/IT, Business Administration or Engineering or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
Critical Expertise & Experience:
- 12 years progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies or processes related to the position, as well as, 7 years of demonstrated experience establishing organizational structure and allocation of duties through management of subordinate teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading multi-disciplined work teams and technical design efforts for Infrastructure Operations by working closely across multiple Technology Services Teams to collaborate on Infrastructure roadmaps for implementation with the intent to arrive at optimal business solutions within the constraints of time, cost and existing technology platforms
- Experience leading highly skilled technical team focused on multiple concurrent projects to ensure stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification and resolution of systems issues in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets. This includes, but not limited to, budget reporting, scope management, risk mitigation, and ensuring problems are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner which also includes responsibility for people, budget, and outcomes
- Experience managing various infrastructure platforms & production environments to include support of Data Center engineering initiatives, maintenance and support, documentation of processes and procedures to manage hardware and system software.
- Experience leading strategic capacity planning initiatives and manage compute/storage/network infrastructure, business continuity and introduce continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to collect, analyze and assess information to draw meaningful conclusions
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of system integration issues between diverse platforms.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting and discussing technical information, establishing rapport and or influence, consensus building and gaining the understanding of others.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Experience in engaging cross functional working partnerships in a global organization
- Strong leadership, team building, analytical and thought leadership skills
- Top 10 Technology Services priorities
- Owner & Guest Heartbeat
- Technology System uptime/downtime (in partnership with vendors and internal IHG Technology Services)
- Security/data privacy related metrics
- Budget Management
- Service Level Agreement adherence
- System quality targets
- Total cost of ownership for applications/platforms
- Employee engagement
- Internal IHG stakeholders and business partners; satisfaction as measured by surveys and feedback
- Regional Leadership engagement and satisfaction
- Revenue and cost targets as influenced by information technology
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans