Six Senses Location:
United Kingdom, LondonHotel:
London (LONSS), TBD, TBDJob number:
As Director of Sustainability, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the hotel.Duties and Responsibilities:
As Director of Sustainability, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation of the Sustainability function to provide ongoing compliance with Sustainability Guidelines and execution of the approved resort-specific Sustainability Action Plan. I will be responsible for results in Sustainability and coordinate all Sustainability programs as well as the related training together with Human Resources and the respective departments.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that each Sustainability initiative be it for host or guest reaches its fullest potential.
- Safeguard the pillar of Sustainability and make sure that all these brand initiatives are fully embraced, adopted and implemented within the resort.
- Manage the Sustainability Fund on a monthly basis and ensure the funds are collected and distributed in an effective and transparent manner, documenting the projects and initiatives the fund supports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key community organizations and representatives such as schools, special interest groups, local government departments and tourism associations.
- Engage with the local community on a regular basis to ensure the property is an active and supportive member through Sustainability Fund projects and educational/fun sustainability activities.
- Develop and lead sustainable host events on a monthly basis that are fun, engaging and supportive of a culture of sustainability among the team.
- Connect the resort with globally recognized sustainability events, initiatives, and ‘citizen science’, such as Earth Day, World Ocean’s Day and Global Shoreline Clean-Up for guests and hosts.
- Manage existing relationships with sustainability-related partners and identify opportunities for enhancing existing or adding new partnerships, as applicable.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with organizations to receive Sustainability Fund support, and in-kind support from Six Senses hosts, based on guidance around themes and causes from the General Manager and Home Office Sustainability.
- In conjunction with the Experiences team, develop and lead Sustainability-related experiences for guests that highlight the resort’s sustainability efforts, the local community/culture, the unique environment and Sustainability Fund projects.
- Implement the most suitable sustainability practices for the operation that are relevant and in line with Six Senses policies.
- Establish and deliver pre-established financial returns related to revenue generation, profitability and ROIC.
- Operate the property consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the hotel.
To execute the position of Director of Sustainability, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management, Sustainability, or closely related field. I also have the technical skills and at least four years’ experience in a sustainability-related role within hospitality with proven results.
- Fluent in English; I understand that additional languages are preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Director of Sustainability at Six Senses London - The Whiteley. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
Six Senses London - The Whiteley is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
You’re about to be the author of this journey that takes you through life’s undiscovered passageways, hidden treasures and meaningful experiences.
It’s a story unlike any other. Out of the ordinary, one could say.
A journey across lands and seas, a tale about what it means to connect to the world around us.
Let the journey begin...
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.