Australia, Queensland, Hayman IslandHotel:
Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands, 4801Job number:
114352 What we're looking for
Do you have exceptional standards and passion to grow and develop staff? We’re searching for a Quality and Training Manager - Housekeeping to work alongside our Executive Housekeeping Manager to ensure all aspects of housekeeping and laundry are befitting of our reputation for delivering genuinely memorable experiences to our guests.A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
What we need from you
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the onboarding and training processes and IHG people tools hotel wide, for example My Learning and execution of Brand Standards.
- Partnering with colleagues to address performance shortfalls through effective training practices.
- Partnering with Leaders and Training Manager to ensure all training deadlines are me and co-ordinate future training needs
- Partnering with the Training Manager to facilitate onboarding and further departmental and mandatory training process and programs.
- Ensure that all new colleagues have received the appropriate tools required to succeed and are “work ready” within appropriate deadlines.
- Participate in departmental shifts, as required to maintain industry and departmental currency, to suit the demands of the business
- Monitor and oversee the room cleanliness standards, as per brand standards and IHG requirements.
- Support the operational departments where appropriate and as business needs dictate
What you can expect from us
- High school diploma / secondary education / equivalent plus one year of housekeeping experience, including some supervisory training/experience.
- Previous experience or a strong desire to work within the training and education sector
- Must be able to speak local language(s).
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
For our InterContinental Hayman Island team we offer:
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island [link removed] for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s. We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.