Do you see yourself as Cluster Executive Chef for InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What's your passion? Whether you're into triathlon, exploring new restaurants or dancing the tango, at IHG we're interested in you. We love people who apply the same amount of passion and precision to their jobs as they do to their hobbies. Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
- Direct daily kitchen activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of kitchen needs and ensure timely responses to requests
- You’ll make sure our dishes are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation to develop your own ideas in the kitchen
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and environment are hygienic and working properly
- Always follow governmental regulations and company policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Encourage guest feedback to improve guest satisfaction
- Answer guest questions about dishes and kitchen services
- Help the Food and Beverage Director with event planning
- Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Preferred candidate should be a college / university degree graduate
- A minimum of two years experiences in a similar capacity / function in an international five star hotel with preferable previous experiences in the Middle East and Asia.
- A culinary expert with pride, passion and energy that can support in leading and developing a great team and drive excellent food quality.
- Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience. An outgoing personality is also important whilst representing the DFC brands promotionally and locally.
Ultimately, you will be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English. You will be a self-starter and you will be able to demonstrate understanding of the business and link the business environment to IHG commitments; have a high level of drive for results and ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve the results; will be adaptable and flexible with the ability to build relationships in a multi-cultural environment and gain trust and support of team members and senior managers. You will have exceptional planning, organizing and delegating skills with attention to detail. You will have the ability to exhibit strong decision making skills to deliver brand service standards resulting in highest guest satisfaction. You will possess a high level of integrity to lead by example and gain respect of peers and colleagues.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
InterContinental Hotels Group®
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people to join over 1500 colleagues who are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define our company. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.