Guest Relations & Duty Manager
About the job
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Awarded the Great Place to Work certificate since 2020, InterContinental Genève is proud to offer an inclusive, supportive and stimulating work environment. Our diverse team is the secret to our success. We encourage each and every one to develop their potential through internal mobility opportunities, training and on-the-job learning.
Join us as our new Guest Relations & Duty Manager:
Under the supervision of the Front Office Director and to succeed on this key position, your main duties will be:
- Be responsible for all activities of the Front Office as well as other hotel activities relating to the effective and efficient operation of the hotel.
- Be responsible for the smooth operation of the hotel, makes decisions on all matters involving guest contact with hotel employees.
- In the absence of the management, have full authority on all decisions.
- Ensure maximum safety of guests, patrons and employees during emergencies. The protection of the hotel's interest must be of major concern to you.
- In all incidents, provide management and department heads with reports and takes action to avoid repetition of any incident, accident, theft, complaint, etc.
- Register the bookings on the computer and the guests to the loyalty programs.
- Actively participate in the sales optimization of his department and the hotel.
- Ensure the preparation and follow-up of guests’ stays.
- Assign, prepare and control VIP rooms and arrivals.
- Manage customer feedbacks (positive or negative), hotel media, the analysis of customer reviews and questionnaires, and respond in writing to the guests.
- Coordinate resale and cancellation situations with the Reservations Department and the Front Desk; participate in the preparation of reports prepared by the Front Office.
- Prepare the daily recap and present the "daily briefing / handover" for the next team.
- Perform the same duties as a receptionist (registering guests, distributing room keys and performing Check In / Check Out).
Ce que nous attendons de vous
From a Higher Education in Hospitality, you have minimum 2 and 3 years of experience in a similar position within a hotel of the same category (international luxury hotel) and capacity (+200 rooms).
You are fluent in English and French, at a C1 level minimum. Mastering a third foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable. Excellent knowledge of Opera is necessary.
You are proactive, a patient listener and a people- and result-oriented person. You are acknowledged for your ability to communicate with diplomacy but firmness with your guests and your team. Passionate by Hospitality, you aim to create a memorable experience for each of your guests.
This position is opened to Swiss citizens or EU passport holders.
Ce que nous vous proposons
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
- Department: Guest Relations
- Languages required: English and French.
This 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned by famous New York architect Chi offers amazing views of the Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in Europe, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It is a 3-minute walk from the Botanic Garden, United Nations and International Centre of Congress CICG and within a 5-minute drive from Palexpo Exhibition Centre and Luxury Shopping area. Free tram and eco-bus are available for hotel guests.
The spacious and elegant rooms at InterContinental Geneva have free WiFi, free tea and coffee making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV and a minibar.
Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialities served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace.
At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines.
The 400 m² Spa by Clarins offers a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. A steam bath, a sauna and a hot tub are also available. The health and fitness centre is open 24 hours.
Cointrin Airport is 3 km away, and Cornavin Train Station is 2.5 km from the InterContinental. Guests benefit from free public transports in Geneva during their stay.
Guest Relations & Duty Manager
Start Date:As soon as possible
Latest start date: