As the world''s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.If you''d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we''d like to welcome you to the world''s most international luxury hotel brand.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flare, you’ll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest
- Own your kitchen – keep on top of supplies and equipment, and minimise waste
- Tell your supervisor or duty manager about any unsafe equipment, low supplies or safety incidents
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
- Help with washing up and other kitchen duties when needed
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg. This can involve bending and kneeling
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Qualified – completed your Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.Visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.