At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That is where you come in. When you are part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you are more than just a job title. At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flare, you’ll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest
- Own your kitchen – keep on top of supplies and equipment, and minimise waste
- Tell your supervisor or duty manager about any unsafe equipment, low supplies or safety incidents
- Help create a safe space by following our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
- Help with washing up and other kitchen duties when needed
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg. This can involve bending and kneeling
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Qualified – completed your Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent.
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and well make sure you will have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com