INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS GROUP
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. Welcome to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand and IHG.
We have a very exciting opportunity as Director of Sales & Marketing for the InterContinental Bangkok & Holiday Inn Bangkok. As one of the city’s largest hotels, InterContinental Bangkok provides ultra-modern luxury, with state of the art meeting space, whilst the newly refurbished Holiday Inn Bangkok offers a fresh and contemporary design to welcome guests in the heart of the cosmopolitan Thai capital.
As Director of Sales & Marketing for both iconic properties, this position is considered a senior commercial leader within IHG and we are looking for a seasoned candidate who is able to drive performance in challenging situations.
• Effective Leadership – Is able to quickly build rapport with key internal and external stakeholders, devise strategy across all commercial functions and execute the plan
• Creative thinking – An entrepreneurial approach with the ability to drive new initiatives and challenge the status quo
• Commercial Functions – Has an equal balance of Sales, Marketing and Revenue background to be able to lead and impact on all revenue generation areas of the hotels
• Talent Management – Has a coaching mindset to inspire and develop team members and support those who are not hitting performance levels
• Communication – An energetic leader who can seamlessly communicate the message with senior leadership and team members on key deliverables
Oversees and leads all aspects of the Sales and Marketing Strategy within both hotels. Responsibilities include overseeing/leading the planning and development of all strategies and marketing plans and management of a high performing culture within the team.
The essential duties and key activities of the role include the following.
• Produce Strategies and effective Action Plans related to the Sales/Marketing Revenue Plan to ensure revenue budgeted objectives and Key Performance Objectives are achieved.
• Develop and drive execution of 1 to 3 years strategic Sales & Marketing Plan which talks to the IHG hotel or destination, review performance, successes, analyze failures and adjust approach.
• Leadership, outline vision, strategic, direction, provide clear direction, effective communication skills, stimulate high performance standards, create culture of execution, accountability and out performance, ensure focused on right areas.
• Support the execution of the brand hearted agenda, improve guest experience at the hotel level and build brand health to include positioning workshops, develop a greater understanding of the target and core customer for both hotels.
• Create and implement effective programs to achieve top-line RGI out-performance through:
• Increasing average rate
• Increasing overall occupancy
• Increasing business volume during off-peak periods
• Increasing local Food & Beverage and Banquet/Wedding Sales
• New initiatives based on current economic outlook
• Organize and promote, in cooperation with the Food & Beverage Department special projects to stimulate Food & Beverage sales within the community, including, but not limited to, tournaments, balls, parties, gastronomic festivities, etc.
• Review regularly activity reports and ensure targets and Sales objectives are met.
• Investigate potential markets by:
• Reviewing government statistics on visitors to the city/resort destination/country.
• Analyzing competition’s sales/promotion efforts.
• Studying various reference, internal customer data and industry publications for sales leads
• Manage to develop a new products and services through effective Sales & Marketing Plans.
• Embed IHG Way of Sales and Marketing into team and ensure Sales team are using Sales Standard Operating Procedures effectively.
• Work with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs and ensure team have clear KPO targets.
• Work with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
• Interact with individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to clients, Convention Bureaus, local Hotel Association, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community.
The qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent International degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
• 4-5 years of relevant experience in a Leading Director of Sales and Marketing role • Experience in launching multi-brands in multi-national markets
• International strategic sales and marketing experience
Number of employees supervised - Supervise Director of Sales / Revenue Manager / Public Relations Manager / Assistant Director of Sales / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Reservation Manager
• Budgeted Revenue of Hotel
• RGI Performance of Hotel
• System Contribution / IHG Rewards Contribution
• Business Rewards
• Employee Survey
• Talent Development
Decision Making Responsibilities (Decision Rights):
• Department Budget
Key Internal Relationships:
• Hotel Executive Committee Members and IHG Sales and Marketing Corporate Employees
• Director of Operations
• Director Commercial, VP Commercial and VP Operations
Key External Relationships:
• Key Global Accounts for all Market Segments
• Travel Trade and Media
What we offer In return we''ll give you a competitive benefit package including accommodation, hotel discounts worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG®. Most importantly, we''ll give you the room to be yourself.
At IHG® we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.