Chef de Cuisine - Jumeirah - Hospitality Connection Barcelona 6 de marzo
About the job
Estaremos recibiendo solicitudes y realizando entrevistas para esta oportunidad laboral en Hospitality Connection Barcelona. Ven a vernos en persona a la feria de empleo organizada por Hosco y dedicada exclusivamente a la industria de hostelería y turismo.
Solicita este puesto de trabajo para asegurar tu plaza. Tu perfil de Hosco será la llave de entrada al evento. ¡Te esperamos!
¿Dónde y cuándo tendrá lugar Hospitality Connection Barcelona?
- Lugar: ME Barcelona Hotel, situado a solo 5 minutos de Plaza Cataluña.
- Fecha: 6 de marzo de 2023.
- Duración: 4 horas y media, desde las 14:00 horas hasta las 18:30 horas.
La asistencia a Hospitality Connection como solicitante de empleo o como persona en busca de asesoramiento profesional es gratuita. ¡Asegura tu plaza hoy mismo y no pierdas la oportunidad de conocer a nuestro equipo!
Number of positions: 2
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry. This includes a highly competitive salary and package, excellent training and development opportunities, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours and retail leisure discounts.
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, Mallorca is located on a cliff and surrounded by pine forests looking over the fishing town of Port Soller. Its 121 spacious guestrooms and suites, all with private terrace or balcony, enjoy stunning views of the port, the Mediterranean Sea and the impressive Tramuntana mountain range, a UNESCO Heritage site. The hotel offers two restaurants, four bars, two swimming pools and a Talise Spa. The hotel is divided into eleven low-rise structures ensuring that visitors experience a truly exceptional and natural environment.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Chef De Cuisine to join culinary department in Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To assist the Executive Chef with the smooth day-to-day running of all Food Outlets.
- Supporting the Executive Chef in the preparation of Menus to meet with market needs.
- To ensure that the Standards expected are met and exceeded at all times.
- To monitor all kitchen operation costs and take corrective action where necessary to reduce expenses in liaison with the Executive Chef.
- To assist the Executive Chef in developing menus, buffets and ‘specials’ which meet the needs of the customers.
- To check all fridges, mise en place at each station at beginning and end of each shift/service including quality of stocks, etc. and to ensure a consistent quality of MEP.
- To check all fridges and storage areas to make sure previous day's leftovers are being used in the correct way.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role or in large scale free standing restaurant operation as Chef de Cuisine or 4 years’ experience as sous chef
- Worked in previous in Luxury brand Hotel s and Restaurants
- International experience
- Menu development experience is essential.
- Experience with managing relationships between suppliers locally and internationally.
- People Management
- Excellent level of English & Spanish.
- Required to set the example of skills needed for the business.
- Skills for setting buffet presentation with a creative use of material view
- Chef de Cuisine should be a role model to all staff and be able to assist in training of staff within the business.
- Cost control and purchasing , menu engineering on profitability
- Comfortable at making independent decisions
- Clear communication skills must be evident, an ability to manage a team and always inspire and motivate those team members around them.
- An ability to communicate with senior management teams is essential.
Languages required: English and Spanish.
Built on a cliff overlooking the fishing village of Port Soller and surrounded by the Tramuntana mountain range, the Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa promises a true escape – even appearing to float between the sky and the sea.
This intimate luxury hotel in Mallorca houses a selection of 121 airy sea or mountain facing rooms and suites, spread across 11 buildings connected by wonderful scented gardens. You’ll enjoy access to your own private balcony or terrace at our top hotel in Mallorca so you can enjoy the picture postcard view at your leisure.
The warm Mediterranean climate and the Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel’s glorious natural setting make this luxury hotel in Mallorca the ideal place for al fresco dining. You have a choice of three bars and three restaurants serving Spanish delicacies, while the luxurious Talise Spa, state-of-the-art gym, two swimming pools and a spacious ballroom provide more ways to spend your time with us.
A world away from the stresses of modern life, Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca is just a 25-minute car transfer from Palma International Airport.