Senior Waiter/ess - Eataly - Celebrating Moments
About the job
About the Job:
- The head waiter knows how to read the guest and can apply the appropriate service. Be able to touch all points of service and adapt themselves and their teams to ensure smooth and the best service!
- Head Waiter has impeccable product knowledge of food and beverages. To be aware of all 'red flags'. To have excellent skills of communication while explaining the menu to the customers.
- Has full understanding and working knowledge of rosters, wage/time management and the impact on the P&L. Has full understanding of ADACO, EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK and any other programs relevant to day to day operations.
- Must be able to deal with all complaints in a professional and calm manner. The Headwaiter must always attempt to rectify the problem for the best interest of the customer.
- Is responsible for training junior staff on all aspects of service. Is responsible for maintaining and updating all training material.
- Is proactive in making decisions and asking for approval, advice or guidance. Should be flexible and open to suggestions.
- To lead by example with excellent customer service. To always aim to exceed expectation.
- Understands and will assist with the Brand audit and will implement any actions required.
- Is aware of licensing policies and will promote the responsible service of alcohol.
- Prepares roster in line with budget and business requirements for OM approval.
- Is organized both personally and professionally. Is prepared and ready for service.
- Works closely with OM and AOM to develop colleagues and spot stars of tomorrow
- Actively engages with colleagues and customers at all time.
- Communicates and logs all maintenance issues and ensures work is carried out
- Lives the brand standards and inspires junior members of staff to lead by example.
- Understands the importance of shift management and section allocation.
HR and Training
- Is able to train colleagues to suggestively sell, encourages colleagues to work towards goals and targets
- Is able to conduct a probationary appraisal in time and completes and submits all the correct paper work to the OM
- Ensures that all vacation planning is completed, updated and in line with business requirements.
Health and Safety
- To train and maintain excellent standards of cleanliness
- To train and fully comply with all H&S standards.
- Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Head Waiter/ess role with standalone/branded restaurants genuine interest in food and service.