Your place to breathe. Where wellness lives naturally, leisure comes effortlessly and business thrives seamlessly. Here service is personalised with purpose, and wellbeing is at the heart of every experience.
Nestled in the Sindhorn Village, an extension of Bangkok’s evergreen Lumphini Park, our hotel is crafted for your lifestyle. From spacious rooms designed for intuitive comfort, inclusive dining creations where every culinary ethos is embraced, to the reinvigorating flow of energy throughout the unique and iconic architecture. Breathe in the moment – this is your space to live the life that’s distinctly you.
Director of Wellness
To take responsibility for leading, managing and driving performance at Sindhorn Wellness by Resense in alignment with Kempinski’s Brand Standards, Standard Operating Procedures and Policies and for Wellness, Spa & Fitness concerning matters according to Resense’s Brand Standards, Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
This involves managing the Sindhorn Wellness by Resense team effectively to deliver a wellness centred guest experience and to drive and manage wellness initiatives and experiences throughout the hotel and complex.
This role reports effectively to the General Manager and relevant Resense Operations Manager/COO.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Deliver the brand vision and guest journey of Sindhorn Wellness by Resense, ensuring compliance to Kempinski’s and Resense’s brand standards throughout.
- Coordinate the administrative function of the department, ensuring the RMS is always up to date and correct, and all required Kempinski and Resense reports are submitted on time.
- Supervise daily departmental operations
- Implement and uphold the company Health & Safety policy.
- Ensure safety levels within all areas of the department are always adhered to and are in accordance with requirements established and directed by local authorities, Kempinski and Resense.
- Communicate effectively at all times within the Sindhorn Wellness by Resense team, the hotel, guests and with Resense.
- Resolve customer’s disputes and/or complaints immediately and to complete resolution, report appropriately in accordance with Kempinski & Resense SOP’s.
- Create & maintain an efficient maintenance program for the department and equipment to ensure it is maintained to Kempinski’s and Resense’s standards.
- Ensure new joining employees and trainees’ participation in Kempinski’s and Resense’s Orientation Program
Planning and Development:
- Monthly goal setting and actively include team in goal creating, planning and follow up, including reporting results to the team on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Strategic planning & implementation.
- Yearly, monthly, weekly planning and coordinating with other hotel departments and Resense, to ensure the wellness concept is consistently delivered throughout the hotel.
- Drive revenue for the department whilst controlling the costs to ensure the budget is achieved and maximise profitability without damaging the positioning or guest experience
- Closely monitor on a daily, weekly and monthly the financial performance of the department, providing solutions to improve problem areas and implementing agreed corrective actions.
- Manage the financial budget and cost allocations and liaise with General Manager, Director of Finance and Resense
- Critically review costs each month to ensure they are appropriate for the department and raise any inconsistencies with the respective departments concerned.
- Manage and review all the service contracts related to Sindhorn Wellness by Resense, to ensure that all the requirements are met.
- Ensure strict compliance to the Hotels established financial procedures and controls.
- Recruit new staff with approval from the General Manager and in accordance with hotel’s policies.
- Ensuring all therapists and skilled staff hold the relevant professional qualifications required to carry out treatments and services, as per requirements from local authorities, hotel and Resense.
- Drive efficient employee scheduling and co-ordination; including vacation planning.
- Ensure staffing is always maintained at a level to match business demand.
- To plan annual staff training calendar for approval by Resense
- Carry out or organise all in-house training on a regular basis in all areas.
- Carry out annual appraisals and personal development plans for all department.
- Ensure disciplinary procedure are undertaken fairly and in accordance with the hotel policies.
- Mentor staff for professional growth.
- Kempinski Experience Assessment (KEA) meets or exceeds the company benchmark.
- Kempinski’s and Resense’s training policies and procedures are fully implemented and complied with.
- Ensure all staff receive necessary induction and ongoing training to allow them to carry out their role as laid out in the operational manuals.
- Prepare, implement and update business and marketing plans in coordination with Resense.
- Work closely with S&M department under the guidance of the hotels Commercial Director/Director of Sales & Marketing and in coordination with Resense.
- Lead and drive PR & Marketing activities to maximise revenues.
- Monitor and analyse competitors within the local market to assess their activities and trends, whilst being aware of market trends globally.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent Leadership skills, Analytical skills, Computer skills, Critical Thinking, Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English and verbal skills.
- Experience in Spa and Health Club Management and health & wellness programming
- At least three years of experience in instructing related programs
- At least 5 years managerial experience in this role or related
- At least 5 years customer service experience
- Demonstrate success in revenue achievement and expense management
- Sound financial acumen and experience in budget development & financial analysis
- High standards in ethics, service and image
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Resense is a leading global expert in spa & wellness creation, development and performance. We create and manage luxury spas, brands & specialist services tailored to deliver unique experiences for our guests and maximised commercial performance and distinction for our clients.
Our rapidly growing company has been involved in the creation and/or management of over 90 luxury spa & wellness facilities all over the world. Our team is longstanding and deliberately diverse.
Resense listens, tailors and challenges the status quo. We invent highly effective technology to actively support our spa teams to connect with guests and empower better decision-making in our spa & wellness operations.
Why? Because it makes sense. Well-managed businesses which deliver unique experiences that guests demand are sustainable and can empower even greater wellbeing.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Sindhorn Kempinski Hotel Bangkok
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Senior Management
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2021
Unposting Date: Dec 31, 2021
Job Number: 210001CS
Other suggested jobs
hosco Talent Search on behalf of a leading...
The Arts Club Dubai
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.