As Sales Manager you will develop business through direct sales solicitation for an assigned territory or market segment(s).
Reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Establish client base of Leisure, Incentive, Entertainment & Corporate businesses through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Actively prospect and qualify new business.
- Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
- Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
- May assist in developing and implementing sales plans. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
- Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients.
- Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
- Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience working in hotel sales department.
- Must be fluent in local language and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- Experience with entertainment groups will be highly valuable.
- Proactive, positive, energetic, dynamic, emphatic, team-worker and with passion for service.
- Competitive and proactive seller willing to travel to find the right business.
- Opera PMS and Delphi knowledge will be valuable.
- Job type
- Barcelona, Spain
- English, Spanish
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
- More than 1 year
- Other Benefits
- What to expect from us - Competitive salary. - Discounted international room rates. - Meals whilst on duty. - Lots of fun! 😊
Kimpton Vividora Barcelona
Not just in Barcelona’s famed Gothic Quarter, but of it, Kimpton Vividora Hotel fuses a sense of contemporary luxury with the dynamic culture and artistic spirit of this storied City Center neighborhood.
A relaxing escape and vibrant hub for locals and discerning travelers alike, our boutique hotel is a home away from home for those seeking to experience Barcelona as insiders.
The architecture and design of the spaces accentuate our historic surroundings while plush modern comforts, superlative service and standout amenities can be discovered around every corner.
Step outside our doors and the city’s exciting attractions and hidden gems are just a stone’s throw away, waiting to be explored.
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.