The job holder is responsible for working with the Head of Operations and the Unit Management team within their geographical area of responsibility to ensure that all opportunities to identify and drive sales are maximized whilst at the same time ensuring tight cost control procedures are in place.
DO — Key Responsibilities
1. Sales and Commercial Performance
• Working with Unit Management team oversee the preparation of outlet budgets for your geographical area of responsibility and present back to the Head of Operations.
• Work with Unit Management team to maximize sales and profitability of the outlet identifying internal and external opportunities.
• Formulate and implement retail strategies and procedures in discussion with the Head of Operations.
• Work with Unit Management team to ensure strict controls in place to manage cost of goods and staffing costs feeding back any concerns on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure Unit Management team are following strict stock holding levels in conjunction with the level of business.
• Conduct SWOT review to analyze the customer profile and make recommendations to the Head of Operations.
• Provide on-going feedback on competitor and event activities and make recommendations.
• Conduct monthly reviews with your direct reports on business performance and submit action plans with agreed timelines on how any opportunities or areas of concern and going to be rectified or actioned.
2. Inventory Management / Procurement
• Seek feedback from the Unit Management team and Customers on satisfaction of redemption and merchandise items and feedback any concerns / comments to the Procurement team.
• Liaise with the Unit Management / Procurement team on slow moving lines on the Redemption counter and agree and actions to be taken.
• Work with Procurement team to ensure that all new stock lines are communicated at Unit level and that they are available within the Unit in a timely manner.
• Ensure pricing of merchandise agrees with the Retail pricing on the corresponding Warehouse weekly report.
• Monitor any product Returns to the Warehouse on a monthly basis and follow up with the Unit / Warehouse as necessary.
• Ensure the Unit Management team has the agreed number of lines always available on the Redemption counter as per the Redemption stocking policy.
• Work with Procurement team to ensure that seasonal calendar of events is followed and product in merchandise and redemption areas is most relevant.
3. Business Management & Development
• Seek opportunities for business development within the geographical area of responsibility.
• Encourage unit Managers to identify new business opportunities within their units and try new ideas.
• Work with the Head of Operations / New Business Manager on the roll-out of new projects to agreed costing and staffing levels.
• Keep abreast of local opportunities / Mall developments and report back your findings in a timely manner.
• Understand Territory dynamics (demographics, consumer behavior, market understanding etc.)
• Be aware of offers / promotions in competitor sites and liaise with Head of Operations / Marketing Department on counter offers / suggestions.
4. Operational Standards and Management
• Work closely with Unit Management team to move machines / games monitoring payouts to drive maximum revenue possibilities from the current product mix.
• Ensure all the stores are following the Standard Operating Procedures and Customer Service standards
• Ensure all the stores are following the company policy on employment and state laws, health, and safety standards
• Ensure all the stores portray the company image in all aspects of personal presentation and adheres to the company dress code as laid out by the Company
• Ensure all store sales, promotions are planned effectively, executed, and promptly and always maintained professionally.
5. People Management
• Be a role model for your direct reports and lead by example in everything that you do.
• Encourage open honest feedback from direct reports and follow up / action as necessary.
• Assist the Unit Manager in grievance handling and disciplinary actions as necessary.
• Ensure skill development of all staff within the business identifying future talent potential.
• Set KRA's for direct reports and conduct performance appraisal as per the company schedule.
• Oversee staff deployment and drive motivation levels of the direct reports.
• Encourage and lead Team building / Customer care initiatives.