Poste Job Title: Director, Merchandising - Women’s Leathergoods Job purpose
Responsible for management of the Leather Goods category (Handbags, Small Leather Goods and Straps) for the Americas Boutiques (USA, Canada, Latin America).
Main responsibilities include defining business strategy of the category, leading the buying process, reporting and sales recaps, product tool creation, competitive market analysis, and allocation/distribution of Women’s Leather Goods in accordance with company strategic business plans.Profil Tasks and responsibilities:
Information additionnelle In close partnership with Supply Chain team:
- Handle financial scope of the category; lead weekly projections with Retail Performance, as well as set sales goals on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Communicate and Partner very closely with Retail teams to drive business strategies and develop team to support Retail on day to day inquires.
- Define and implement action plans to ensure business targets are achieved.
- Actively communicate with the Paris central merchandising team to provide feedback and outline needs of the market.
- Develop a strong understanding of market dynamics and needs through store visits and competitor analysis.
- Collaborate with corporate partners (Visual Merchandising, Training, Communication & Image, Supply Chain, Retail Performance…)
- Define store assortment by product category and by store cluster.
- Manage buying process during 4 seasonal markets in Paris, lead the team in the following:
- Premarket analysis: Identify opportunities, present strategy to Snr Director and SVP.
- Assist in defining store assortment by product category and by store cluster.
- Confirm Permanent assortment by quarter, complementing zone strategy.
- Lead Seasonal Reserve process, define with team: buy book creation, communication and follow up with boutiques, ensuring client orders are filled accurately; strategically adjust allocations.
- Ensure seamless execution of LG product arrivals to support store openings, pop ups, and run inventory for store events.
- Prepare markdowns (prepare selection, negotiate w/Paris office)
- Provide end of season (EOS) product analysis and final sales report
Skills and competencies:
- Participate in open-to-buy (OTB) discussions and meetings
- Monthly forecast review
- Lead the Leather Goods team on the following:
- Weekly reviews of consolidations
- Drive monthly reorders
- Prepare and review fast/slow sellers report
- Discuss replenishment strategy
- Ensure reorder of Perm and tactical seasonals are set at the right level
- Excellent organizational skills and commit to results
- Ability to analyze business trends and react quickly and strategically
- Strong communication, listening and comprehension skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships with corporate and retail teams
- Ability to adjust priorities and run time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- 8 years minimum of Merchandising experience within the luxury industry. Experience within Leather Goods is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Women’s fashion industry (i.e. competitive landscape and trends)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Expertise in other Microsoft Office programs, especially PowerPoint
- Ability to travel frequently (including international)