Intern, Corporate Communications - Event Profil Job ID:
CA-FSC SF Off (0174)Address:
525 Market St, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)Job Type:
Full TimePosition Type:
Hybrid ScheduleCompany Overview:
At Sephora we inspire our customers, empower our teams, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We create an environment where people are valued, and differences are celebrated. Every day, our teams across the world bring to life our purpose: to expand the way the world sees beauty by empowering the ExtraOrdinary in each of us. We are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty
.The Opportunity:Prime your career at Sephora.
At Sephora, we believe our single most important asset is our people, and we are committed to attracting top talent at every level, across the entire organization. If you’re looking for a summer of copying, filing, and coffee pouring, this is not for you! As a Sephora Intern, you can expect true, hands-on experience that includes contributing to a project that will have a direct impact on business results. As a Corporate Events Intern you will:
What you will accomplish:
- Provide onsite event support on engagement events hosted onsite at the Sephora Conference Center, including but not limited – pop-up brand events, speaker events, celebration events and community support events
- Manage supplies, process orders, and assist with shipping of materials to and from programs.
- Assist with the development of Pre-Production decks and event plans.
- Perform research surrounding industry trends, and news, and report back to the larger team.
- Assist with inventorying the corporate events assets and maintaining storage protocols.
- Provide data management and analytics support for summer programs.
- Audit materials for accuracy and identify missing items – liaise with the project manager to obtain all materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assist with gratis collection, processing, and distribution.
- Participate in onsite support for Sephora’s largest conference hosted in Las Vegas in August – this would be the largest and final project.
- Network with industry leaders and peers. Our Sephora executives are committed to investing in our interns and want to hear from you. Interns can expect to attend meetings with top leaders in the company.
- Get exposure to cross-functional teams. Sephora has a highly collaborative culture, so you are encouraged and expected to work closely with other related teams such as corporate communications, merchandising, social impact, human resources, and facilities.
- Develop, grow, and have fun!
- Lead or assist on projects using a hands-on approach
- Contribute to the corporate events team’s success by supporting – Sephora Leadership Conference, Festival, and other Corporate Event Initiatives
- Learn from the best by interacting with a dynamic team of professionals
To help ensure success, we require the following characteristics, skills and experiences:Education and experience:
- Currently working on completion of Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Recreation & Leisure Sciences and is currently a junior or senior in credit hours.
- Previous experience or internships in event planning are preferred but not mandatory.
- Proficient in data management in Excel.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to lift and carry items of 20lbs or less.
- Passion for planning and execution of events.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and team player with willingness to roll up sleeves when necessary.
- Hours (Local): 40 hours a week (expected to be physically in the office 2 days every week during standard business hours – Friday’s end at noon).
- Hours (Remote): If you do not reside in Northern California, we are open to interviewing remote candidates. 40 hours a week (expected to be physically in the office 2 days every week during standard business hours – Friday’s end at noon).
- Note: As this is an events-related position you may be asked to work nights and weekends with advance notice.
The target hourly pay for this position is $23.00 - $23.00 per hour. The actual hourly pay offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the individual applicant’s qualifications for the position; years of relevant experience; specific and unique skills; level of education attained; certifications or other professional licenses held; other legitimate, non-discriminatory business factors specific to the position; and the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will perform the job. While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning. We invest in training and developing our teams, and you will continue evolving and building your skills through personalized career plans.
- The culture. As a leading beauty retailer within the LVMH family, our reach is broad, and our impact is global. It is in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members across 35 markets and 3,000+ stores, are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty.
You can unleash your creativity
, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve
, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself
, because you are what sets us apart. This, is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora. Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
As a condition of employment, Sephora requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition, a sincerely held religious belief or practice, or a requirement by law.