Poste MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role gives the opportunity to join an accounting team within the UK offices of a Shared Service Centre.
- Responsible for preparing the actuals of two UK entities ensuring accounts are prepared in a timely manner.
For two Entities
become the main go to person
for all accounting needs and form successful “Business Intelligence Pods”Accounts payable :
- Liaise with AP team to review supplier balances/issues.
- Assist on AP-accrual schedules.
BS reconciliations and month-end tasks:
- Reconcile and post entity retail revenue accurately.
- Ensure that intercompany recharges are issued on timely manner.
- Post bank receipts in accounting system.
- Manage the reconciliation of department store debtors and post any debit notes and ensure money is received from concession on time.
- Manage the reconciliation of Payment Types.
- Maintain clean AR Ledgers.
- Treasury declaration.
- Maintain FA register post depreciation,
- Maintain Prepayments
- Bank reconciliation: bank payment/receipts posting and reconcile
- IFRS16 posting and reconciliation
- Full Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Business partnering within Business Intelligence Pods
- Ensuring accounting policies are adhered to and each balance sheet account is clean, current and correct.
- Assist with any tasks/request given by Financial Controller.
- Production of VAT returns / PSA returns to be reviewed by FC/HoA
- Posting of tax Journals that been calc by FC/HoA
- Participate in training sessions held by FC / HoA
- Assist in adhoc project work and tasks provided by FC/ HoA.
- Assist on stock takes and support stores when issues with suppliers
- Assisting with preparation of month-end compliance and year-end audit.
- Previous experience of accounting software JD Edwards would be beneficial,
- Good understanding of Excel up to Pivot table and V/H lookups standard.
- String reconciliation skills with very good attention to detail
- Conscientious, with commitment and initiative to follow through and resolve difficult issues and problems quickly and accurately
- Able to work with frequent and tight deadlines, committed to quality
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic office environment
- Experience in creating and improving current procedures.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, accounting procedures and processes