The Manager of Category Management and Supply Management manages the portfolio for Elsa Peretti Jewelry & Objects.
In Category Management, the manager is responsible for implementing the category key initiatives. The Manager will also be responsible for life-cycle planning proposals, reporting and pricing suggestions to meet departmental and company goals. The Manager will work with Peretti leadership and cross-function teams to deliver annual priorities that include optimizing the existing portfolio to drive productivity across collections in the portfolio.
In Supply Management, the Manager will be responsible for developing a thorough understanding of Peretti designs and the vendors that produce them. Maintain strong, positive relationships with vendors and oversee all functions and deliverables of Supply Management. Direct analyst in prioritizing launches to support promotional or marketing exposures. Key Accountabilities
Category Management - Assortment Analysis
- Perform analysis and provide recommendations for assortment changes and improvements to maximize sales and productivity, in partnership with the GAP team.
- Analyze assortments by collection, classification and price point as directed to maximize productivity and project objectives including year-end and quarterly reviews.
- Propose, implement and monitor worldwide assortments in partnership with GAP team.
- Develop reports and presentations, such as collection trend reports, style-outs, competitive shopping analysis, that communicate a high-level view of new product introductions for meetings and conferences.
- Participate in competitive shopping visits to support key initiative information gathering and research as it pertains to the current assortment.
- Partner with DM to ensure the appropriate ratio of assortment count to SKU productivity.
- Analyze and validate store type strategies by product family (IR only).
Category Management - Pricing
- Establish and implement margin reviews to validate pricing structure based on sales volume and margin drivers, while analyzing gross margin department objectives through price change recommendations.
- Manage, execute and communicate formal lot-headed price change process conducting analysis and gathering comparison SKU information to set retails for new and existing product taking into account both margin targets and sales goals.
- Review current pricing systems to identify areas of improvement and proposed solutions (IR only).
- Manage and prepare and subsequently review monthly and quarterly price change submissions to PLM.
Category Management - Lifecycle Management
- Conduct reviews and create analysis on a quarterly and monthly basis, to validate and provide direction for T-Flags, E-Flags and Obsolescence management.
- Partner with DM, RP, SM, and CRA to establish strategies for managing overstock and aged inventory. (IR)
- Manage resolution of off-cycle pricing errors or discrepancies.
- Manage accurate day to day item maintenance, re-classes and merges.
Category Management- New Product
- Develop a thorough understanding of classic and active Peretti designs and the vendors that produce them; employ understanding of the nuances of the Peretti business.
- Analyze product assortments such as collection, classification, price point and sales trends, and make proposals for new merchandise/product extensions based on findings.
- Oversee, create and maintain Product Plans and key initiative image grids throughout various stages of development, ensuring accuracy of item detail.
- Develop trend and key initiative reports and make recommendations for assortment additions or changes based on the findings.
- Facilitate cross function reviews (DM/PD/SM/GAP/Regional partners) of new product plans and distribution strategies. Partner to ensure target cost, retail pricing and GM objectives for new product are met.
- Facilitate assortment changes and additions into AA, TPM and PLM.
- Ensure project milestones are met on a timely basis including SKU creation, architecture maintenance and APA updates.
- Gain a thorough understanding of each Peretti vendor, their area of expertise and nuances to achieve mutual objectives. Build and foster strong, positive relationships with vendor base.
- Oversee the Analyst of Supply Management in meeting monthly deliverables such as analyzing and communicating the Peretti Vendor Acquisition Schedule and ensuring on-time firm PO placements for active and new products. Adjust or shift quantities as needed to meet fluctuating customer demands and/or to address vendor constraints, delays, or other issues.
- Review details of Total Purchase Plan Reporting and Delivery Reporting and partner with vendors on open order recovery. Evaluate and address long-term capacity constraints.
- Partner with Demand Management counterparts as needed to address demand fluctuations or vendor issues. Regularly review existing collection to ensure the highest quality of execution and propose solutions as needed.
- Support TCO Social Accountability and Responsible Sourcing initiatives as well as internal trainings to Peretti vendors; ensure proper communication and partnership from vendors.
Required Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Overall knowledge/experience in the workings of retail business practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) with adaptability to new software
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be able to think strategically – then implement steps to achieve goals
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and written skills
- Ability to be flexible and adept to changing priorities (ability to multi-task is essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be diplomatic
- Good negotiating skills for dealing with sales professionals, gemstone acquisition and outside vendors
- Must be able to lead and develop a staff
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University
- *Graduate Gemologist certificate or near completion
- Comprehension of the product offered at Tiffany & Co.
- At least 2 years of retail experience, preferably with some store line experience
- Knowledge of gross margin and turn calculations
- Working knowledge of MIPS, APA, Essbase and JDEdwards
The hiring range for this position ranges from $103,955-$146,760. The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidates’ relevant skills and experience. Management is also eligible for bonus.