Responsible for the management of Guerlain’s Boutiques and Flagship Locations, act like a business owner being the main link between the store teams and the corporate teams. Hire and develop strong, client-based in-store sales teams. Focus will be on flawless execution of the customer experience. This position is a mixed corporate-field with direct management of some doors and indirect of others. Responsible for execution of high business standards and strategies developed by the NY office and Paris HQ. Build strong partnerships with Guerlain HQ to support, propose and implement retail strategies within the US market. Orchestrate monthly operational retail activation within accounts.
Additionally, responsible for providing on-site retail sales support in the market areas assigned. Support is achieved through continual training and motivation, as well as the monitoring of retail performance metrics, of Business Managers, Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists. Also, the Retail Sales Manager is assisting in planning and executing all special event programs, as well as ensuring the seamless execution of Guerlain clienteling programs.
The Retail Sales Manager directly reports to Guerlain National Sales Director.
Act as a Guerlain brand ambassador
- Embody and communicate Guerlain’s savoir-faire, heritage, and values.
- Endorse Guerlain codes and attitudes within teams and act as a role model to convey a client-oriented mindset.
Act as an entrepreneur
- Embody the role as an ambassador of Guerlain and contribute to the continuous improvement of the Haute Parfumerie concept with a test and learn approach.
- Create strong relationships with key business partners, both in stores and in corporate.
- Provide regular feedback to the project stakeholders and contribute to share best practices with other Guerlain retail locations.
- Act as a Business Developer by creating and growing the client base.
- Perform sales analysis and propose actions for improvement. Follow competitive trends.
- Offer customized service experience to Guerlain clients.
- Ensure an engaging shopping experience across all categories for each client.
- Propose and implement methods to connect with clients and build long-term relationships with them through CRM tools.
- In partnership with the National Sales Director, manage team of Business Manager’s, Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists, including, but not limited to: hiring, coaching, scheduling, and payroll. Some accounts will report directly to you and others indirectly.
- Identify and analyze deviations and their causes, and execute action plans together with the team. Work with the National Sales Director to develop solutions for these deviations.
- Ensure achievement of the boutique’s sales targets and key performance indicators (KPI) of the Guerlain Power BI scorecard (Retail and CRM).
- Ensure the consistency of merchandising, grooming, and attendance for all team members.
- Coordinate communication for store events and store animations.
- Responsible for regular coaching conversations with retail team members, including, but not limited to: monthly touch bases, productivity, client relationships, etc.
- Manage boutique operations efficiently: sales analysis and reporting with key KPI, stock management, placing orders, and managing shift schedule for team members.
- Create and foster long-term relationships with clients and develop client loyalty.
- Collaborate with corporate office and proactively provide feedback for continuous improvement.
Retail sales and account management
- Point of contact for Direct Retail HQ
- Ensure 360 alignment in line with retail strategies
- Closely partner with Education on action plans for Mystery Shopping results
- Achieve established retail and net sales goals as set forth by Corporate
- Perform sales analysis and propose actions for improvement. Follow competition trends.
- Partner with retail store management in the proper planning and execution of product launches, promotions, and special events.
- Negotiate with store personnel to gain space and improve locations for all product categories at the beauty counter, women’s fragrance counter, and the men’s bar.
- Implement the corporate merchandising guidelines to ensure the company’s brand image at point of sale at all times
- Build a network of high-performing Business Managers, Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and motivate In-store Teams to achieve established sales goals.
- Partner with Education in the training and development of Beauty Advisors in line with the ambition of Guerlain elevated Client experience.
- Ability to travel, position based in New York with travels as business requires, up to 50% of time
- 10+ years of prestige beauty, fragrance, and/or skincare sales and management experience with a strong understanding of KPI’s and multi-unit management
- Prior experience as Account Executive, Sales Manager or equivalent
- Passionate about Guerlain brand and its values, and able to convey this passion to the team and the clients.
- Empathetic and positive, results-oriented, and with an entrepreneurial mindset to develop the business.
- Team player and strong listener, in addition to knowledge of how to recruit and build a high-performing and collaborative team. Effective communication skills required.
- Resourceful and strong analytic skills for proactive problem solving and for improving the store management on a continuous basis.
- Able to understand and maintain confidentiality of business.
- Microsoft Office experience and tech savvy preferred.
- Availability must meet the needs of the business.
- Limited travel based on needs of the business.
- Ability to speak multiple languages is welcomed.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Le Pain Quotidien
Le Pain Quotidien
Interested in this opportunity?