Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, theGroup provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Ideally located on the charming Via Andegari, Mandarin Oriental, Milan is a stylish and intimate hotel, featuring 104 guestrooms, including 32 beautifully appointed suites. Set in the heart of the city, only steps away from the world-renowned La Scala opera house, it inhabits four elegant 18th Century buildings in Milan's most prestigious district. The hotel features a fine-dining restaurant, Seta and a bar-bistro, Mandarin Bar + Bistrot where an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails are offered in chic surroundings. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Milan is the city's most comprehensive, offering a holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation in tranquil, meditative surroundings that feature indoor swimming pool and six private treatment rooms. In addition, the hotel has two versatile function rooms that benefit from natural daylight.
Scope of Position
This position provides support to the Director of Finance in providing continuous leadership and guidance in matters relating to the financial operation of the hotel by assisting in the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports, overseeing daily operation of the Accounting Department activities and internal control procedures designed to safeguard owners/investors assets and ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations. Additional responsibilities include staffing, training, scheduling of employees; planning, organizing, directing and coordinating inter and intra department activities to ensure efficient Financial Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
General responsibilities (Hotel):
- Oversees the Accounting department activities to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of department
- Represents the Director of Finance in his/her absence
- Directs & Supervises Accounting department employees, including accounts payable, general cashier, income audit.
- Assist Controller in supervision of Credit Manager and Payroll.
- Assists Controller in the compliance of all (CSAQ) controls for Hotel.
- Oversees accounts receivable and payable activities to ensure accurate recording of information according to generally accepted accounting principles and Mandarin Oriental established guidelines
- Performs General Ledger Review
- Coordinates month end closing, prepares all required journal entries, performs analytical reviews of Financial Statements and explains any variances from Budget
- Responsible for Financial Reporting to Corporate Headquarters
- Coordinates annual internal/external audit processes
- Performs all duties of Cash Management for Property
- Monitors departmental internal controls and creates and implements Operating procedures as necessary
- Performs special projects to meet Corporate needs on an ongoing basis
- Ensures Compliance with Applicable Tax Laws; Supervises preparation and review of tax & governmental reports and ensures any payment of monies required on a timely basis
- Assists Director of Finance in the budgeting & forecasting processes
- Coordinates the reconciliation of: bank accounts, balance sheets and fixed asset accounting operations
- Reviews and authorizes accounts receivable adjustments, transfers and miscellaneous entries
- Ensures proper, timely payment of fees for licenses, permits, regulatory contracts and insurance policies
- Directs cash management activities to ensure the proper use and timely availability of funds
- Conducts/oversees monthly audit of General Cashiers vault
- Approves, as needed, purchase orders, invoices, payroll submittals, manual checks, balance sheet and bank reconciliations, month end journal entries, bad debt write off's and inter and intra-company billing
- Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, coaches, counsels and disciplines accounting personnel according to Mandarin Oriental standards
- Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two to five years Assistant Controller/Controller Experience in Hospitality Accounting operations or comparable experience.
- Prolific in all Windows Based Software Application
- Strong Level of Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication skills both written/verbal; fluency in Italian and English is required
Advertised: 03 Nov 2021 W. Europe Standard Time
Applications close: 31 Dec 2021 W. Europe Standard Time