Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Stewarding Supervisors as well as all outsourced Stewards.
- Organizes his department as an efficient and productive cost center and service department ensuring a smooth operation and therefore contribute to maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Maintains an organized, clean and sanitized back of the house Food & Beverage area and provides all outlets and banquets with clean sanitized operating equipment based on expected business levels.
- Focus on Energy conservation in the entire kitchen operation
- Controls procedures for reducing breakage and loss of equipment.
- ensure that par stock of chemicals is always correct and sufficient and chemicals are used accordingly
- Primarily responsible for inventory of all chinaware, glasses, flatware, hollowware, all buffet equipment’s chafing dishes,kitchen utensils, cleaning equipment's
- Develop standard cleaning schedule for entire kitchen food receiving area, wet and dried waste room
- Closely monitoring the waste collecting procedure in the kitchen while ensuring waste are removed to waste disposal rooms as often possible.
- Establish a Hygiene and Control program for the kitchen and surround areas.
- Adheres at all times to the Company Policies & Procedures and Fire Life Health Safety & Security and HACCP Standards.
- Identifies opportunities for reducing costs without affecting the level of service or product received by our guests.
- Uses the Colleague Handbook in understanding the consistent way of Communicating Rules & Regulation to our Team.
- In charge of distribution of back of the house equipment to outlet and banquet.
- Responsible in ensuring submission of monthly reports on kitchen fuel consumption, chemical, kitchen supplies and to keep data base of cost expenses.
- Ordering of available par stock requirements for storage room.
- In charge of rostering all stewarding colleagues in accordance to business needs.
- Conduct daily inspection of kitchen cleanliness minimum twice daily with checklist available.
- To ensure the stewarding colleagues work in complying with SOP procedure.
- Provide relevant SOP training to all stewarding staff before assignment of task
- To ensure that breakages are administrated so as to provide constant feedback to the operation as a tool to reduce breakages and losses.
- To assign responsibilities to colleagues, implementing Multi Tasking principle and to check their performance periodically.
- To establish a pool of qualified part time colleagues in conjunction with the HR and Outsourcing Company.
- To be a hand on Manager and be present at all times in the Operation, especially during busy periods.
- To establish and strictly control inventories and to the par stocks in the operation for all operating equipment, Food & Beverage, FF&E items and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To conduct monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
- To ensure that the Stewarding team complements the Outlet team in projecting projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- To plan the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the stewarding operation is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
- To submit all colleague incident reports.
- To provide the Materials Department with detailed Product and Purchase Specifications for items used in the outlet.
- To control requisitioning, storage and careful use of all Operating Equipment and Supplies.
- To coordinate all Repair and Maintenance and issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- To fully support the Departmental Trainers function in the Department assigned, develop Department Trainers and assign training responsibilities.
Advertised: 30 Nov 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Jan 2021 SE Asia Standard Time