Manages all aspects of Marriott’s contractual agreements for Technology agreements. Collaborates with internal stakeholders, including Business partners, Compliance, Finance and Legal. Functions as the contracts’ subject matter expert. Negotiates contracts directly with vendors, drafts contract language, manages contracts throughout the relationship, resolves conflicts and disputes, amends agreements, and terminates or renegotiates contracts as necessary.
Contract Management Leadership
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders on all aspects of contracts
- Modifies contracts as needed
- Advises leadership on the company’s and the vendor’s obligations within the overall agreement and reports on the status of these obligations
- Manages issues related to contracts and assists in interpreting contracts as needed
- Facilitates timely resolution of contractual issues to minimize risk, including the impact of service disruptions on the organization while driving optimal savings for Marriott.
- Creates vision, clear direction and strategy for contract negotiations.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels within the MI Organization.
Managing Compliance with Contractual Terms and Conditions
- Owns the integrity and competitiveness of the pricing schedules and mechanisms and ensure they are fit for purpose
- Manages any re-pricing, ensuring that the optimal total cost has been achieved for Marriott
- Verifies that scope changes or extensions are commercially optimized using contractual mechanisms
- Verifies vendor proposals and requests against contractual terms and conditions (including pricing, proposed charging mechanisms, chargeability of items) as well as proposing, if necessary, the most appropriate solution for the business unit
- Facilitates commercial optimization of the contract by making use of contractual levers to limit or reduce cost and manage risk
- Functions as an escalation point for any billing issues/disputes
- Functions as the lead negotiator for a variety of agreements, contract interpretations, new services and any other issues requiring contractual resolution, assessing risk of the requested changes and drafting appropriate language to address the situation
- Consults with internal stakeholder subject matter experts on contract negotiations related to their areas and drafts language to address concerns as necessary
- Manage all internal feedback and consolidate all negotiated provisions into drafts
- Facilitates contract audits (e.g., billing, standards compliance, service delivery)
Managing Projects and Policies
- Interprets and advises on contract provisions
- Provides a structured process, rules of engagement and end-to-end support for contractual issue/dispute resolution
- Resolves escalated issues in accordance with the governance escalation procedures
- Manages the end-to-end lifecycle process from development through to execution, including obtaining the relevant stakeholder approvals, Initiating and preparing of change requests, assessing and prioritizing impact, negotiating price and terms and conditions with the vendor, and gaining final approval
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ contract management or sourcing management experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications
- Experience in negotiating the following agreements: Marketing, Sales, PR, Partnership/Loyalty, Consulting and IT (Hardware, Software, ASP/SaaS, Cloud and Hosting) and Professional Services.
- Legal/Paralegal credentials, MBA or advanced degree
- International contract negotiations, specifically dealing in Asia Pacific countries especially China
- Experience in working with service providers and sourcing arrangements with Fortune 500 companies