Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Infrastructure Cloud Solutions Engineering, the Director of Infrastructure Cloud solutions - Properties will be accountable for leading and delivering solutions in partnership with Marriott’s continent IT teams across our 8,000 global properties. The Director will ensure system upkeep, ongoing enhancements, and mandatory upgrades of the infrastructure hosted at Marriott properties. This leader will also be responsible for implementing operational procedures and best practices pertaining to the infrastructure hosted at the properties. This position will closely work seamlessly across multiple teams including the property teams to ensure solutions are deployed effectively with minimal disruption to hotel operations. The core focus areas for this role are to:
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- Partner with multiple teams delivering cloud strategy working with such as application teams, change management, incident management, and regional teams to standardize and define key infrastructure and support processes
- Modernize infrastructure and cloud based systems to reduce outages and risks as necessary
- Partner across IT and property teams to transform business needs into automated and integrated infrastructure and cloud solutions
- Migrate IT systems hosted at the properties to cloud
- Build multi-year roadmap integrated across other major programs for property support / modernization
Four years of bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related field appropriate to work of the position; OR related work experience; plus 10 years of hotel experience or other relevant experiences using and supporting property management systemsRequired:
- 8+ years’ Information Technology infrastructure engineering experience that includes 3+ years supporting business services running in the public cloud
- Undergraduate degree in computer sciences or related field or equivalent education, certifications, and experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in two or more of the following
- Public Clouds
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) / EC2
- Microsoft Azure
- Private Cloud Infrastructure
- VMware / vRealize / Vmware Integrated OpenStack
- 2+ years direct team management or team lead role
- 1+ years budget management or management of project financials
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Graduate Degree in a technical discipline
- Marriott property management system experience preferred (LightSpeed / FOSSE / FSPMS/Key management/IoT)
- Experience planning for and managing medium to large scale change, and assessing key impacts to stakeholders
- Experience with large technology initiatives and processes needed to lead and or support delivery and ongoing support
- Experience working with international teams and supporting global systems and operational processes
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- Provides leadership, oversight, governance and strategic direction related to Infrastructure services to enable the delivery of IT services.
- Provides operational input into systems enhancement or integration designs to ensure operational requirements are met effectively
- Develops and documents business processes, operational procedures, policies, and best practices for PMS on property strategy and front desk procedures as they relate to the PMS
- Represents the PMS team with Continent IT, Continent Lodging Services (CLS) and Opening + Transitions Teams
- Participates in requirements, design approvals, UAT, Beta, Pilots, and supporting the deployment of this strategy
- Partners with stakeholders of other disciplines to identify operational needs, review enhancements and or integration, prioritizing and ensuring that specifications are met
- Defines requirements for Marriott Infrastructure Engineering and Service Providers to
- Implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support appropriate technology goals
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking technology quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement
- Address technology-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration
- Defines requirements for Service Providers to
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of technology architecture
- Document the technology architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger technology picture
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Provides direction and assistance to other organizational units’ policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of resources.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding department goals.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to tracking and productivity.
- Creates and nurtures an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Understands employee and develops plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Provides the team with the capabilities needed to meet or exceed expectations.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Acts proactively when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Interviews job candidates and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
- Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Observes behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflict.
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers, and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Serves as a role model and ensure all information security leaders are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, and service providers
- Manages budget as required
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?