Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
Gaylord Wildhorse Saloon, 120 2nd Ave. North, Nashville, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Supervises all operational aspects of the Wildhorse including, but not limited to, business administration, human resources, training, product planning, food and beverage, cleaning and sanitation, catering operations, production, executing marketing events, retail, and maintenance and engineering. Supports the General Manager on creation and execution of entertainment events, strategic planning and long range capital investment and renovation projects.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years' experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Supervises all operational aspects of the Wildhorse Saloon.
• Enforces compliance by operations personnel of administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations.
• Estimates food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Orders and purchases equipment and supplies.Developing and Maintaining Operations Goals
• Maintains standards of food and beverage and catering operations.
• Assists in the development and delivery of capital and business plans.
• Creates challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Integrates objectives, opportunities and resources to achieve business goals.Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Actively participates in securing buy outs and assists with the entertainment schedule and managing all Wildhorse events to ensure a profitable operation.
• Drives the annual budgeting process and takes appropriate action(s) to ensure that financial goals are achieved.
• Controls product, labor, and purchasing for all departments.
• Identifies and addresses financial opportunities as needed.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Maximizes revenue opportunities through competitive pricing of food and beverage products and services.
• Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.Leading Operations Team
• Acts as key liaison for staff for daily operation of the Wildhorse Saloon.
• Creates synergies within the organization by developing relationships with other entities
• Verifies that requisite policies and procedures are in place and that areas of potential risk including financial theft and workplace safety are mitigated.
• Participates in employee moral, motivation, and discipline consistent with entire management team.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Creates and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and verifies that associates do the same within the team.
• Strives to improve service performance.Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Supervises all expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.Additional Responsibilities
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Recognizes good quality products and presentations.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.