Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Job Summary About our Team
As part of the Talent Management & Organizational Capability (TMOC) function at Marriott, the Organizational Capability (OC) team is responsible for organizational and process design, talent activation, team effectiveness and change management. Your colleagues in this team include other Organizational Development, Organizational Design, Organizational Effectiveness, Communications and Change Management professionals, working together to ensure Marriott International (MI) optimizes its return on human capital investments through a high-performing organization. On this team, you’ll have an opportunity to partner with senior HR and business leaders across the company.*Hybrid work schedule available. About this role:
The Director of Organizational Capability will be responsible for:
EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS Organizational Effectiveness/Design Responsibilities:
- Serving as the primary OC practitioner for key disciplines and/or strategic HR Projects.
- Contributing to the broader COE through the development of organizational capability tools, templates, and methods.
- Contributing to other OC, Change and other initiatives, as appropriate.
- Consult with Sr. Executive clients/stakeholders to translate business needs into organizational and human capital implications.
- Develop proposals and workplans to drive implementation and evaluation of organizational efforts.
- Partner with the HR Leaders to design and activate organizational changes (including structure, process & jobs), that are both high quality and cost effective.
- Design change management activities to facilitate understanding and adoption of new roles and processes.
- Provide end-to-end client management, administrative activities (e.g., budgets, meeting logistics), and resource management (e.g., leading project teams) of these assigned projects.
- Access and synthesize data from a variety of sources to provide an informed perspective on organizational issues.
- Seek opportunities to leverage knowledge, resources and work activities across OC, TMOC and other MI departments/divisions.
- Coordinate activities of outside experts and consultants, as required.
- Develop organizational capability tools, templates and methods to implement initiatives as well as to support the development organizational capability and change management acumen across the enterprise.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED Experience:
- Partner with VP, Organizational Capability to assess and address organizational priorities, risks, and issues for projects/initiatives.
- Support development of scope and cost proposals for projects to be executed by either him/herself or other members of the team.
- Effectively recognize and bridge organizational design work together with change management as appropriate.
- Support the overall mission and objectives for growing the TMOC function at Marriott.
- Support miscellaneous administrative responsibilities related to operating the OC team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more Organizational Capability areas.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in supporting or leading human capital and organizational engagements for high-level leadership clients.
- Proven track record partnering with differing levels of business leaders to design and implement impactful organizational solutions in a large, complex organization.
- Ability to work with and influence a wide range of cross-functional teams and leaders within a matrix organization.
- Comfort managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but also at times able to lead small teams, both directly and indirectly.
- Hospitality/Lodging industry experience is a plus.
- Facility in creating and delivering high impact presentations to senior-level leaders.
- Expertise in performing organizational diagnostic work and needs assessments.
- Experience and knowledge of human capital principles and methodologies.
- Strong program and project management skills are essential.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate compelling ideas and engage partners effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members and stakeholders; ability to influence change through these relationships.
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead teams towards productive outcomes.
- Sharp business acumen.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as well as be a strong team player.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment - establishing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time, budget and quality criteria.
Education or Certification
- Relationship builder; networker – particularly with senior level executives but also down throughout an organization.
- Leadership presence; ability to establish credibility necessary to influence at all organizational levels and give projects credibility.
- Strategic thinker across the OC spectrum of activities.
- Persistent; drives ideas.
- Persuasive influencer - influencing without coercion.
- Results oriented - delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
- Analytical - makes decisions using data and business knowledge.
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, and change.
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
- “Big picture” thinker – able to process information through a strategic lens and apply to issues and assignments.
- Innovative and agile learner; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to MI challenges and/or create something entirely new.
- Flexible – willingness to work on various human resource projects, as needed.
- Has organizational and self-awareness; politically savvy.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree, MS/MBA (or equivalent) in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology, or Related Field preferred.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?