Posting Date Oct 22, 2021
Job Number 21121584
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa, 5480 Grand Pacific Drive, Carlsbad, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, AZUL Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Carlsbad is your gateway to California’s most charming and unforgettable escape. From world class resorts to quaint hotels, soak up the coastal splendor that is uniquely Carlsbad. Our resorts are situated among a variety of exciting activities with easy access to some of San Diego’s most popular attractions. Play a round or two of golf at the open and airy Crossings at Carlsbad, located within walking distance from our resorts.
Spend the afternoon at LEGOLAND® California. Grab a coffee in Carlsbad Village before venturing to the vivid Carlsbad Flower Fields or taking a swim in the ocean at Carlsbad State Beach. Whether it’s the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park or the Del Mar Racetrack you’re interested in visiting, our resorts offer a convenient location where all the best attractions of our city are just a short drive away.
We are seeking a hospitality professional to round out our phenomenal sales team and represent our Marriott’s Westin and Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa. The ideal candidate is vibrant, positive, energetic, team-oriented and focused on achieving their personal sales goals and every aspect of the client experience for the position of Complex Catering Sales Manager.
A strong candidate is an innovative problem solver who is detail-oriented, competitive and result-focused. We hope to hire an energetic individual with a hospitality mindset that sees the challenge to manage, coordinate and record (of “book”) the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and implementing catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales.
- Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by the Director of Sales and Catering.
- Schedule’s conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
- Maintains liaison with other hotel – level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the catering office and prospective clients.
- Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
- Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
- Develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
- Assist with clerical work of the department, including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
- Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
- Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
- Education: High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1+ year Catering and/or Wedding Sales experience required.
- Experience at properties of similar size and quality is preferred.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.