Posting Date Sep 27, 2021
Job Number 21108941
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location The Westin Chattanooga, 801 Pine Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, DeFoor Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- The Westin in Downtown Chattanooga (TN), managed by Defoor Hospitality Group, is hiring a Director of Sales to join our team.
- This hotel is 260 guest rooms, 15,000 square feet of meeting space plus the new 9,000 square feet of banquet space. This property also includes a a lobby restaurant, rooftop bar/restaurant, and a market place.
- Defoor Hospitality is based in Chattanooga, and manages a portfolio of 5 hotels, 4 of which are in downtown Chattanooga.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the Sales teams' operations and strategies. To oversee and manage sales staff and reservation to ensure maximum revenue, promotional coverage and marketing opportunities are achieved.
- The DOS should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximize REVPAR and grow market share.
- Develop and implement sales strategies
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
- Works with sales managers to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
- Works with management team to create and implement a sales plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment led by the DOS.
- Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
- Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
- Follow and track company cross-sell procedures.
- Utilize company profile database to determine geographic areas for travel agent calls while maintaining top and existing travel agent accounts.
- Organize travel agent month and travel agent appreciation rates for slow months.
- Assists with the development and implementation of promotions, both internal and external.
- Creating a focus on attracting new business.
- Attending and contributing to the monthly sales strategy meeting
- Updating and owning the sales strategy & sales plan with the General Manager.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing the CVGR (Company Volume guaranteed rate) contract.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential (e.g., sets example with personal booking goals).
- Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel sales objectives.
- Recommends monthly room nights target goals for sales team members.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Maintain and expand corporate incentive program via direct mail, personal visits etc.
- Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
- Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
- Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, electronic lead channels, etc.
- Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Prepare operational and financial sales department reports
- Oversee the management, learning, and career development of the sales team
- Directly coordinate cross-selling and joint marketing initiatives to maximize exposure and profitability
- PREREQUISITES: High degree of commercial awareness and be able to understand links between sales and profit with excellent sales and negotiation skills. Good business sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- EDUCATION: 3-year degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or MBA.
- EXPERIENCE: 5 to 6 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area. And min three years experience in a senior sales role.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Direction des Réservations Hôtellerie...