Posting Date Oct 27, 2021
Job Number 21123988
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location AC Hotel Bethesda Downtown, 4646 Montgomery Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, OTO Development, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Marriott AC Bethesda Downtown - New Hotel Opening March 2022
Come be a part of our Opening Team!
We are located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, adjacent to the Bethesda metro stop, just three blocks away from the new Marriott Headquarters, and six (6) miles from downtown DC.
Our hotel features: 220 contemporary guest rooms, a 4,000 SF state of the art fitness center, as well as 3,500 SF of meeting space on the 18th floor, including an outdoor terrace with views of downtown DC. Our restaurant, Corella Cafe and Lounge, is located on the ground floor with an expansive sidewalk cafe.
OTO Development is pleased to announce a wonderful opportunity for a Director of Sales!
What will you be doing most days?
- Responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
- Direct the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Ensure communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives, and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with marketing
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Implement approved distribution strategies and manage multiple channel selling strategies
- Build, develop, and manage sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
What are the requirements for this position?
- Demonstrated successful sales experience (hotel sales experience a plus!)
- You are action oriented and have strong negotiating skills
- You have prior leadership skills directing the efforts of others to achieve budgeted expectations.
- You have strong business acumen and you’re passionate about numbers and meeting sales goals
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- You have a valid driver's license
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent with a college degree preferred
Minimal, occasional travel outside the local area and overnight.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.