Sales & MarketingLocation
Le Méridien Pasadena Arcadia, 130 West Huntington Drive, Arcadia, California, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pacifica Hotel Company. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Brief Summary of Job: Responsible for the direct sales efforts of all segments including food and beverage. Direct the sales team to implement specific sales strategies and tactical plans as well as establish relationships with the demand generators that create base business for the hotel. Serve as the ambassador to the area for the hotel and ensure that revenue budgets are achieved or exceeded.Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the job included but are not limited to:
• Adhere to Pacifica’s Pure Stay guidelines to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of our team members and guests.
• Utilize Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and in accordance with property specific guidelines
• Developing new accounts, maintain existing accounts and implement sales strategy to achieve revenue goals and maximize profits for the hotel while maintaining guest satisfaction.
• Direct the day-to-day activities of the Sales Team, assist with the planning, organizing for each revenue segment including food and beverage; assign work for each manager, develop and communicate strategies and goals.
• Create, train, and motivate those responsible for developing new accounts, existing accounts for all segments including food and beverage.
• Advise staff of formal policies and procedures and sales quotas.
• Manage all human resource-related actions in accordance with the Company rules and policies.
• Achieving or exceeding individual and team sales goals and hotel budget
• Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
• Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and rate
• Seeking new customers through strategic outbound sales efforts for all segments
• Conducting sales calls to key account and major prospects
• Monitoring sales team activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting to management
• Utilizing corporate Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue.
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers and competitors
• Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction and ensure they reach their booking goals and revenue budget
• Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgement and make profitable business decisions
• Displaying leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying customer service and create a positive example for guest relations
• Executing and supporting the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposals, writing contracts, customer correspondents, etc.)
• Completing ongoing sales objectives and action plans as directed by Corporate Director of Sales
• Completing all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on accounts, individual, segment and tier Production
**Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time**Overseen Markets:
• Business Transient
• Group Business
• Banquet CateringBooking Objective:
Specific goals to correspond with approved annual budgetSupervisory Responsibilities:
Responsible for supervision of Sales TeamQualifications:
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Knowledge/Education/Experience: Minimum of two (2) years hotel sales experience. Strong English skills, both oral and written.
- Skills/Abilities/Other Requirements: Strong leadership, salesmanship, and public relations skills. Strong presentation, communication and organizational skills required. Proficient in supervising, training, coaching, and counseling. Ability to make timely, effective decisions. Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate work assignments. Ability to maintain good team member relations. Ability to develop and maintain effective guest relations. Ability to direct performance of team members and follow-up with corrective action where needed. Ability to work long hours, 5 to 6 days a week. Basic accounting procedures. Computer skills; Work, Excel and PowerPoint. Valid driver’s license with proof of auto liability insurance.