Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, 21282 Athens-Limestone Lane, Athens, Alabama, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Omega Hotel Group, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Omega Hotel Group LLC and Fairfield Inn and Suites Marriott Athens I-65 is currently seeking a highly motivated General Manager, with strong initiative and desire for personal achievement.
- Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years of General Management experience.
- Must be able to drive sales, plan and manage the operations of the hotel, achieve customer satisfaction, associate satisfaction, and exceed bottom line goals.
- As the General Manager, you will be responsible for short- and long-term planning and day to day operations.
- You will also recommend the hotel's budget, marketing plans, and business plans and manage within approved plans and objectives.
Join a company that exceeds your expectations:Training
- With our Company, we emphasize training and constantly strive to foster a learning environment that provides clear career paths for all team members regardless of entry level into our organization.
- We provide training programs to new team members and ensure that our current team member training is an on-going and continuous process.
Our management company offers team members an industry competitive benefits package that help to ensure that your career can grow with us.
We know the hospitality business is about people - including you! Our benefits include the following:Wellness: Taking Time for You:
Rewarding Hard Work: On-going Development:
- Paid vacation and sick time as well as free room nights at our hotels
- In-house training program
- Throughout your career with our Company, we will ensure your success by providing training and career growth opportunities
Previous experience as a Select-Service or Extended-Stay General Manager with a major hotel brand (i.e. IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Best Western, Hyatt).Job Responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Ensure hotel staff are properly greeting guests, adhering to uniform standards, and appropriately resolving guest complaints to provide an atmosphere of hospitality.
- Manage new hire processes for each department within the property and ensure all newly hired associates complete required paperwork and orientation.
- Review ongoing training practices to ensure all associates are kept up to date on current policies/procedures.
- Maintain a professional, cohesive team by hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and developing associates
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitude.
- Monitor communication between departments and ensure a timely and accurate flow of information.
- Develop and execute long and short-term financial objectives and exceed budgeted sales and expense goals.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards and that any outages are reported and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Complete administrative duties such as scheduling, payroll, inventory, orders, and production controls in a timely manner.
- Ensure hotel staff are adhering to company rules and policies and oversee implementation of any new rules, policies, or procedures.
- Inspect guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness, safety, and appearance.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associates can perform.
- Local area market experiences a plus!
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong computer skills a must.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have a "can-do" attitude.
- Able to exceed the expectations of our guests and our team members.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be decisive.
- Educated facilitator experienced in resolving conflicts.