Residence Inn Orangeburg Rockland/Bergen, 3 Stevens Way, Orangeburg, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
The General Manager is responsible for all day-to-day hotel operations, providing impactful leadership and support to the team, quality assurance, driving exceptional guest service standards, superior guest satisfaction, ongoing enhancement of service and quality improvements at the hotel, associate development and engagement, fiscal responsibility, a strong working knowledge of financial statements and internal controls. This is a roll-up your sleeves hotel general manager role that when necessary, will require the individual to work in all departments to support and lead the team. This is not a manage from the office type of opportunity.Responsibilities and Duties Include but Not Limited to the Following:
- Responsible for the day-to-day hotel operations including Front Office, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Maintenance and Sales.
- Directs and leads the preparation of short and long-term hotel business plans and budgets meeting company goals and growth objectives.
- Collaborates in creating, directing and executing hotel sales and marketing, revenue optimization, distribution strategies and initiatives to yield desired financial results.
- Develop a strong knowledge of local market (demand generators, competitor strategy and community impact/involvement opportunities).
- Participate in recruiting, hiring and the ongoing evaluation of associates.
- Ensure that associates receive effective and impactful ongoing standards of service and skills training to consistently deliver a high level of service to guests.
- Create and maintain a professional, respectful and engaging work environment for hotel associates that fosters a professional, respectful and fun environment.
- Drive ongoing associate engagement/recognition initiatives.
- Establish and maintain open collaborative relationships with direct reports, associates, and all property departments (Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Food and Beverage and Sales).
- Tour and inspect hotel on a daily basis and monitor property cleanliness, product quality and ensure achievement of service standards.
- Liaises with the Finance Department to ensure strict adherence regarding company policies and controls.
- Adherence to all brand and Colwen Hotels standards.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- 3+ years of Hotel General Manager and or Hotel Manager experience in extended-stay or select service property
- Prior brand experience preferred
- Possess superior communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for hospitality and service
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Creative problem-solver and multi-tasker.