Golf, Fitness, & EntertainmentLocation
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, 9003 Shadow Ridge Road, Palm Desert, California, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers. Answer golfer questions about course. Promote and sell golf shop merchandise to customers. Open/close golf shop daily. Collect all golf-related fees from registered golfers. Count, prepare, and deposit cash. Run closing reports off the registers. Schedule tee times for golfers. Communicate with the starter, golf services, and golf grounds regarding any changes to the tee sheet.
Maintain cleanliness of golf-related areas (e.g., golf shop, hallways, locker rooms, common areas). Total tee sheet and ensure accuracy of daily totals. Stock, tag, and display merchandise on golf shop floor ensuring all merchandise is neatly arranged and restocked to proper level. Notify manager/supervisor of any important issues as necessary. Teach individual and group golf lessons in keeping with PGA/LPGA and Marriott standards. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Enter and locate information using computers and/or Point of Sale (POS) systems.
- Attention to customer service with a professional and pleasant personality.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.