Sales & MarketingLocation
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, KSL Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
The Destination Sales Executive will be responsible for soliciting, maintaining and overseeing all sales related activities in the designated sales market. Selling and marketing the repositioning of the $100M resort transition should filter through every aspect of this critical sales role. Focus on building long term relationships with sales business in their assigned market sources to meet and/or exceed the hotel’s revenue goals and maximum potential.
Why work for The Sheraton San Diego Hotel?
If you are seeking an exciting opportunity in Hospitality offering an elevated guest experience – Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is a fit for you! We are soon to be one of the largest and most renovated resorts in San Diego! Our culture is driven by our care for our guests and associates alike. Our mission is to be a resort where guests love to stay and our associates love to work!
The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina is a downtown waterfront resort that offers you breathtaking views of downtown San Diego and the San Diego Bay. We offer a competitive pay rate and a very complete benefit package; health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, employee discount, employee assistant program, meals provided.
Will be required to work flexible scheduled shifts based on business needs.
Scheduling includes holidays, nights, overnights and weekends depending on hotel events and functions.Job Requirements
- Understand the mission, vision, and goals of the hotel.
- Must possess excellent communication, follow up, and organizational
- Sets high personal performance
- Must be proactive and have a creative, positive, and focused
- Maintaining confidentiality and sensitive information is a
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to apply them in a dynamic environment.
- Establish goals and objectives for department.
- Well organized, focused and complete all work assigned.
- Work cohesively with co-workers and all departments as part of a team.
- Build morale and promote positive employee engagement.
- Follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve standards of operations.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write instructions, correspondence, reports, and memos.
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically with guests, management, co-workers, members and marina tenants.
- Ability to effectively present information to associates, management, guests, members, marina tenants and the public in one-on-one and group situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand guest service needs.
Essential Job Duties
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in full service hotel
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Destination Sales Executive will be responsible for soliciting, maintaining and overseeing all sales related activities in the designated sales market. Selling and marketing the repositioning of the $85M resort transition should filter through every aspect of this critical sales role. Focus on building long term relationships with sales business in their assigned market sources to meet and/or exceed the hotel’s revenue goals and maximum potential.
Salary range $70,000-$85,000 based on experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins.
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
- Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities booking through the Marriott Sales Office
- Partners with the Marriott Sales Office to book group events within the group booking parameters.
- Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the sale to closure
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
- Coordinates and plans all Familiarization Tours (FAM) t and in-market customer events.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
- Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts.
- Coordinates site visits and partners when appropriate for in-market sales managers
- Gathers all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to plan appropriately (e. g. customers goals, specific needs, key account info, etc.).
- Track bookings and leads generated from site visits.
- Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e. g. Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST) to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Establishes new client relationships and maintains existing relationships to maximize revenue.
- Actively solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new customers (including groups, travel managers, travel agents and consumers).
- Seeks methods to penetrate key business activities within the marketplace and finds profitable ways to bring this business to the hotel.
- Actively participates in industry related organizations. Attends trade shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business.
- Respond in a timely manner to incoming group sales opportunities that are within pre-defined parameters.
- Work collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g. on-property resources) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
- Ensure business booked is within hotel parameters.
- Capture and close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and the property's needs.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence). Transfer accurate, complete, and timely information to the Events department in accordance with hotel and brand standards.
- Promote accountability to drive superior business results. Includes successful execution of Sales strategies and business processes.
- Effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Bring issues to the attention of property and sales leadership team as appropriate.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Train and develop associates on 4 Keys service standards, technical skills, standard operation procedures, and safety standards.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Fosters open channels of communication between all employees.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed. Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among associates. Follow all additional duties as assigned by management.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please contact: email@example.com.
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran and Drug Free