Posting Date Nov 16, 2021
Job Number 21134692
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz Carlton Club Vail, 728 West Lionshead Circle, Vail, Colorado, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The Manager of Association Governance and Compliance provides support for an individual property through the term of the association’s management agreement. Properties supported may include a mixture of condominiums, condominium associations, homes, condo hotels, and commercial units or hotel. This position will report to the on-site property leader. This position will maintain and update the governance framework, monitor compliance of requirements within the framework, and coordinate governance and board member meetings. It will monitor business processes, analyze compliance issues, and recommend corrective action. It will serve as a liaison with owners/members, legal counsel, Marriott Vacation Worldwide (MVW), and board members to facilitate the flow of information.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma required, four (4) year college degree preferred.
• Licensed Community Association Manager (Florida) required (within 6 months of hire).
• National Certification for Community Association Managers (CAMICB) Certified Manager of Community Associations (CMCA) certification is a plus.
• Experience working as an association manager, a related real estate position, or in a legal profession is preferred.
• Working knowledge regarding legal research.
• Strong understanding of contract terminology.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Discipline Work, Projects, and Policies
• Review project documents that impact residential operations and property management.
• Pinpoint problems and inconsistencies among the interrelated documents impacting both the governance and compliance of the project or which may be problematic for effective management of the association.
• Understand and implement association governance processes and standards.
• Analyze compliance issues and recommend corrective action.
• Develop appropriate internal and external business relationships.
Develop, where applicable, review, implement and follow site-specific timelines, summaries of documents, and reference materials.
• Ensure compliance with statutory management firm and individual licensing requirements.
• Conduct on-site governance audits.
• Keep up to date on property management trends and statutory changes.
• Prepare required Owner and Member written communication
• Maintain accurate Owner and Member contact information
• Manage required deadlines and regulatory compliance items.
• Prepare board meeting notices, agendas, and meeting minutes.
• Assist the on-site property leader with preparing required notices, disclosures and correspondence with third-party contractors.
• Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages projects and business processes.
• May be required to seek advice from legal counsel.
• Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
• Assists associates in achieving business results by:
• Identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
• Providing training and technical guidance to all levels of leadership within the organization.
• Serves as a point of contact for problem resolution.
• Participates in setting department operating plans.
• Recognizing and celebrating team successes.
• Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge; however, feels comfortable seeking help and asking for guidance when necessary.
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This salary range for this position is $58,350 to $113,394 annually and offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Interested in this opportunity?