Sales & MarketingLocation
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
The Manager, MDS Media Consultation is primarily focused on client outreach and contact, ensuring points-of-contact interested in creating new hotel or cluster-focused media campaigns are educated on the value, channel details, and expectations. The Manager, MDS Media Consultation is the primary media account manager for the clients and is responsible for MDS Media sales, campaign briefs, and the overall goal of transitioning media opportunities into live campaigns. The Manager will provide performance analysis of media campaigns and support the objectives outlined in the digital media brief. The position focuses on client response SLA and quality to advance the value of paid media marketing.
The Manager is tasked with staying up to date on industry best-practices, responsible for development, implementation, day-to-day paid media client engagement operation, media performance evaluation, quality assurance and client satisfaction with the MDS Media and Digital Services programs. This position works cross-functionally with the Global Media, Continent and Marriott Digital teams to coordinate stakeholders while achieving targeted client goals. This role includes collaboration with Senior Manager(s), Sr. Analyst(s), Analyst(s) vendors with the implementation of paid media tactics across client campaigns and for special projects.
Marriott’s Digital Services (MDS) team provides digital solutions for all Marriott brand hotels, globally. This centralized in-house team provides individual hotels with a range of digital services, and functions as an agency-like model within the Global Digital Services organization.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
- BS/BA degree in hospitality, marketing, advertising, ecommerce, communications, related field, or equivalent experience/certification.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience (digital marketing, paid media, social media, communications, etc.).
- Preferred proven track record in digital paid media and/or digital marketing systems.
- Experience managing complex workflows, stakeholder management and project follow through.
Project Execution & Process Management
- Serves as the discipline knowledge expert on the MDS team for client consultation and account management.
- Persuade and influence cross-functional teams to reach desired digital media outcome.
- Client and account management responsibilities to achieve positive client satisfaction of existing and new media customers.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with our teams internally and externally to provide direction that is clear and based on concrete rationale.
- Proactively solve issues to ensure consistently breakthrough, relevant, consumer-centric creative.
- Manages processes and quality of work for all paid media related tactics that support the overarching Brand, Global Media & Digital Media strategies.
- Monitors performance and implements processes or tools to improve team client engagement efficiencies to meet overarching goals.
- Oversees processes and execution/implementation timelines of MDS media delivery via client engagement.
- Owned platforms & systems: Salesforce, Datorama, Adobe, etc.
- Develops client-facing proposals using internal and external tools and resources to lead to contracted business.
- Responsible for the daily management of paid media strategy & tactic client communications, including the analysis of campaign performance.
- Continually updates and aligns paid media strategies with new and emerging best practices, to improve quality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Conducts client outreach ongoing to develop sales funnel and new opportunities.
- Executes regional specific or in-language paid media strategies supporting Marriott’s global hotel websites.
- Complies and keeps paid media guideline documentation and standards up to date, to ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to Marriott’s global digital strategy.
Tools and Vendors
- Works cross-functionally with vendors and cross-functional teams to advance paid media opportunities.
- Owns vendor platform relationship and explores new technology vendor platform opportunities.
Measurement and Analytics
- Owns day-to-day training of clients internally & externally while managing quality of work and timeliness of deliverables.
- Provides paid media training and support on internal Marriott paid media systems and tools.
- Coordinates training and support on paid media tools and dashboards in collaboration with MDS Customer Success & Business Support.
- Analyzes campaign performance; provides both strategic and tactical recommendations for increased performance.
- Identifies advertising channels that are most effective at driving conversions, revenue, ROI, and scale across Digital Service programs.
- Measures the success of time-sensitive content using appropriate key performance indicator (KPI) classifications – impressions, clicks, CTR, CPC, CPA, CPM, conversions.
- Reviews and analyzes results from current program offerings, recommends changes and enhancements to help increase performance.
- Leads a team of Sr Analysts or Analysts and/or vendor partners.
- Establishes goals and m akes sure team understands performance expectations.
- Provides training on tactical processes and best practices.
- Creates and nurtures an environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement, and a passion for providing service.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, professionalism, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
- Interviews job candidates and makes hiring decisions.
- Ensures onboarding for new team members is thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Attends and participates in all relevant internal and external meetings.
- Informs, updates, and provides information to managers and co-workers in a timely manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations, and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Supports ongoing Digital Services thought leadership activities – webinars, training sessions, social posts, blog posts, presentations, etc.
- Continual education and self-growth through reading industry blogs and social media, attending industry conferences, seminars, analyzing research briefs, etc.
- Performs other reasonable duties, such as special projects, as assigned by Director and Digital Services leadership team.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?