Posting Date Oct 15, 2021
Job Number 21114103
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, Business Transformation Office - Strategy & Program Management is responsible for driving the planning and execution of the Marriott Growth Platform (MGP) program and will be part of the Transformation Management Office (TMO) team. MGP is a multi-year effort to transform Marriott’s technology and business process ecosystem, enabling Marriott to deliver on our vision to become the world’s favorite travel company. The TMO has been established to enable and accelerate MGP through unique approaches to strategic planning, program management, change management, experience and business process design, continent coordination and deployment. This role, as part of the TMO, will contribute to building upon our existing expertise and creating the structures and capabilities we need to coordinate the moving parts that make up MGP. This role will partner closely with the leads in Program Management & Strategy, Change Management, Communications, Deployment and external consulting leaders throughout the project. Success in this role requires strong critical thinking skills, attention to detail, comfort with ambiguity, a proven ability to manage multiple work efforts at the same time, as well as a willingness to be tested on difficult and time-sensitive requests.
Responsibilities will include:
- In partnership with PMO leadership, provide strategy, coordination, and execution support across all workstreams of MGP
- Support the Senior Director, Business Transformation Office – Program Management to manage key connection points and interdependencies across MGP workstreams including Commerce, Hotel Operations, Loyalty, Change Management, Finance and Technical Architecture
- Coordinate development of central program deliverables, e.g. Integrated Project Plans, Risk Management and Contingency Plans, etc.
- Design and help facilitate cross-discipline forums and processes to engage senior leaders and gain buy-in on critical business decisions
- Support the Senior Director, Business Transformation Office – Program Management & Strategy with Strategic Project Management across MGP’s workstreams, with primary areas of focus including:
- Strategic Project Management:
- Provide coordination of week-to-week progress of the program – including (but not limited to) status reporting and aggregate timelines
- Aggregates weekly reporting across technical and business workstreams and support providers
- Provides recurring and ad-hoc consolidated views and surfaces key insights for executive decision making across key forums
- Support ad-hoc needs for MGP program team – including defining strategies, coordinating planning and execution, defining processes for the program and for the future business
- Support development of project plans across MGP workstreams
- Plan and propose strategic direction, goals, and approaches across stakeholders
- Partner with the workstream leads to help shape change + implementation strategies for the impacted stakeholder groups
- Provide processes and communications that create accountability with project team and drive results
- Facilitation Support
- Facilitate and prepare content for MGP, and TMO leadership forums
- Assist in the design of facilitation methodologies and coordination of logistics/materials for Deep Dives
- Support ad-hoc track level (and cross-track) workshops to tackle program risks, issues, and strategy alignment
- Partner with PMO and external consulting leaders to coordinate central program deliverables (i.e. Integrated Program Plan, Risk Management, Contingency Planning, Change Control)
- Manage program risks in alignment with the MGP Program Risk Management Framework and Management Plan
- Support identification of risks, development of mitigation strategies, and escalation at designated forums
- Guide cross-program contingency planning to identify alternate business and technology approaches as required
- Implement Change Control processes for in alignment with MGP Change Control Plan, leading the assessment and management of changes in scope, major assumptions, costs, delivery timeline, etc.
- Support overall MGP Program Governance
- Establish and apply decision making rights across MGP tracks
- Develop and maintain MGP governance strategy (forums, objectives, audience, escalation paths, etc.)
- Support leadership decision-making across MGP tracks
- Develop presentations for executive forums, including MGP Program Steering Committee, Weekly Leadership Meeting, TMO Leadership Meetings, PMO Leadership Meetings and contributions to Hotel Operations, Commerce and Loyalty Steering Committees, Board of Directors, Corporate Growth Committee and Global Operators Committee meetings
Education and Experience Required
- Proven track record consulting to business leaders and designing, developing, and implementing high impact solutions in large, complex organizations, using a variety of delivery methodologies
- Minimum of four years of experience with consumer-oriented, strategic, Digital, IT, Data, Loyalty and/or Customer Experience projects
- Demonstrated experience in working with and influencing cross-functional work teams in a matrix organization
- Experience leading organizational change initiatives
- Project management experience on technology engagements and passion for IT / technology
- Prior consulting firm work experience
- Prior experience working with Digital, IT, Data, Loyalty and/or Customer Experience programs
- Hospitality/Lodging industry experience a plus
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Project and Strategy Leadership
• Collaborate with cross-functional working teams comprised of senior discipline experts from Digital, Enterprise Products (IT), Hotel Operations, Loyalty, Distribution, Customer Engagement Centers, Customer Experience, Finance, and other departments within Consumer Operations to:
o Plan and implement identified initiatives with minimal oversight
o Partner with cross discipline teams and leaders to meet project objectives and goals on time and on budget
o Support transformational projects working across functions and disciplines to meet objectives
o Guide on-going financial and business analysis support to leadership to support strategic decision making using the appropriate approaches, systems and resources
o Deliver presentations related to the strategic roadmap development, project execution and management to senior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., owners, associates, customers)
o Actively engage internal partners (e.g. Change Management and Communications, Human Resources, Training) to prepare content for communication materials as needed for deployment of initiatives
o Create standard templates to optimize effectiveness of program, including decks, webinars, RAID logs, tasks lists, status reports, and escalation flows
• Build effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
• Ensure decision-making that balances the needs of the various stakeholder groups and promotes the long-term viability of the business
Leads initiatives on behalf of the Consumer Operations executives and their teams to drive change across the organization. Acts as a project leader and day-to-day project decision maker with the following responsibilities:
- Accountable for delivering the results of the project
- Provide content guidance to the project
- Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide go/no-go decision
- Actively participate in strategy sessions
- Contribute to strategy development
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing
- Establish key milestones and approval roles
- Ensure timely delivery against milestones
- Develop actionable recommendations and responses to program needs to optimize performance and drive growth and profitability.
- Identify emerging business opportunities and risks to determine strategic implications, provide feedback to key stakeholders and take a leadership role in the decision-making process.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools, and business practices.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Other suggested jobs
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
USEH International Inc
Casino Barrière de Trouville
Interested in this opportunity?