Posting Date Oct 14, 2021
Job Number 21112794
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Senior Manager, Human Resources is an integral member of the Consumer Operations Human Resources team. He/she will play a lead role in creating and developing processes to support key Human Resources initiatives including the development of reporting and analytical tools. In addition, he/she will drive process efficiencies, provide timely and effective tools to support HR business objectives and promote a culture of on-going process improvement. The Senior Manager, Human Resources will ensure critical HR data and reporting efforts are in place that maintain data integrity efforts and provide Consumer Operations HR with information to make optimal business decisions.
Education and Experience
- 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Human Resources, Business Administration, Hotel Management, or related field
- 3 years’ experience in human resources or related professional area
- Good knowledge of labor laws
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Excellent analytical skills, working with large data sets in Excel and the ability to develop tools, templates and processes to support business objectives and decision-making
- Strong process management skills – must be able to establish, convey, and systematically administer work processes across a diverse group of internal stakeholders
- Collaborative in role as a team player; delivers results and balances priorities under pressure
- Highly developed communication skills
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
- Knowledge of Marriott International’s business, strategies and culture
- Experience working in matrix organizations and ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and be a strong team player on the broader team
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Functional HR Leadership
- Contribute to the execution of business priorities as set forth by the Consumer Operations HR Leadership.
- Leadership presence to establish credibility in the area of expertise with the ability to influence without authority.
- Develop and implement processes necessary to ensure accurate, timely and meaningful sharing of information to key stakeholders.
- Lead projects at the direction of the Consumer Operations HR leadership including planning, defining deliverables, measuring outcomes, developing metrics, timelines, communications and key milestones.
- Drive efforts to improve operational efficiencies by tracking results and communicating to stakeholders.
- Use proactive approach to optimize results and monitors implementation to assure success and accountability within the team.
- Persistent to drive ideas in situations with complexity, ambiguity and change.
- Encourage and drive best practice sharing among Consumer Operations HR.
HR Data and Reporting
- Lead HR reporting and analytical efforts with a proactive approach to optimize results and efficiencies.
- Ability to translate complex analysis into actionable findings and recommendations.
- Lead the development and management of complex data sets and tools and conducts analyses to identify trends and make recommendations for action.
- Develop and ensure data integrity within HR reporting and tools.
- Track and manage compliance, reporting and communications for HR programs (e.g., annual performance reviews, compensation planning, required training, etc.).
- Contributes to compensation data management and analysis, particularly for non-US positions.
- Manages Engagement Survey (ES) logistics, including registration, reporting, and action planning compliance efforts.
- Maintains accurate associate employment data using applicable HR systems
- Partners with HR Services department on issues related to data management, benefits, payroll, and other HR processes.
- Prepare and distribute key business tools in a timely manner, ensuring data integrity.
- Deliver sound results by coordinating implementations, tracking results, problem solving and leveraging efforts across the Consumer Operations HR team.
- Lead the design and development of HR processes supporting Consumer Operations HR.
- Establish and implement measurement processes to gauge project success.
- Execute human resource initiatives, strategies, policies and practices across Consumer Operations, as required.
- Gain alignment among functional stakeholders and Consumer Operations HR leadership. Elevate alternatives to Consumer Operations HR leadership for evaluation.
- Negotiate and influence project direction to achieve results.
- Triage issues to successfully manage problems and make informed decisions.
- Provide processes and communications that create accountability with project team and drive results.
- Operate in a matrix organization, partnering with resources to achieve results through others – leveraging influence without authority.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and balance priorities.
- Monitor key metrics and communicate trends to Consumer Operations HR leaders.
- Serve as a key change leader and communication expert for initiatives that have high associate impact.
- Create value through proactive approaches and processes that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Provide data analysis (e.g. report generation and interpretation, trends and key metrics) to the Consumer Operations HR Leadership team.
- Manage the distribution of data and/or communications related to special projects to Shared Services HR leaders.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Other suggested jobs
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
USEH International Inc
Groupe Réside Etudes
Groupe Réside Etudes
- Maintenance Tech ISeattle, WA, United States
- Housekeeper (FT) Marriott Marquis Houston DowntownHouston, TX, United States
- Plant OperatorGrapevine, TX, United States
- BartenderWestlake, TX, United States
- Customer Service Work From Home $16hrAustin, TX, États-Unis