Managing all departments in Front Office operations only.Job Number
Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
The Westin Los Angeles Airport, 5400 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g.,Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance,Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Leading Room Operations Team
• Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping) and manages staff.
• Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developis action plans to attack needed areas and expand on strengths.
• Sets clear expectations, with the General Manager, for the team.
• Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Schedules the team against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Monitors compliance with standards and procedures.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Verifies all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.Managing Profitability
• Performs required annual Quality audit with General Manager (GM) & Regional Director (RD).
• Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.