Sr. Manager, Orchestration PlatformsJob Number
Sales & MarketingLocation
MI Lab, 417 5th Ave 9th Floor, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
The Senior Manager, Orchestration Platform will help Marriott’s Global Marketing organization by focusing on Orchestration and Journey Management across owned messaging channels, including marketing emails, push notifications and SMS. The person in this role will articulate and execute strategies for campaigns across those owned marketing channels.
This role will collaborate with partners across the marketing organization and other groups to understand stakeholder needs, define the vision and features for relevant platforms, actively manage a capability roadmap, and frequently communicate progress with partners and leadership. They will ensure that marketing stakeholders are able select the optimal timing and channel for a message delivered to customers based on where they are in the customer journey, as well as coordinate with decision and delivery platforms to ensure the proper context is provided for experience construction and delivery.
The person in the role will keep current on emerging technologies and business strategies to drive customer personalization. They will ensure their capabilities and use cases are tightly integrated with the rest of the Personalization and Marketing Platforms through constant collaboration with other roadmaps on the team.
This role will champion the vision for the broader Marketing Platforms team outside of the department, lead and manage cross functional projects and/or product development teams, and work with a diverse group of stakeholders to realize this vision.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- 4+ years of product management and/or digital marketing experience required
- 2+ years of experience with Personalization platforms is strongly desired
- Hands-on experience working with CRM, Email, AdTech and/or ecommerce technology platforms (e.g. Adobe Campaign, Adobe Target, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with establishing and maintaining data flows from enterprise data sources into marketing tech platforms
Demonstrated experience with campaign creation processes including how to ideate, design, develop and implement marketing campaigns including audience, data, creative and workflows
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Experience with project management, knowledge of Agile practices preferred
- Proven skill in presentation, negotiation and persuasion of stakeholders
- Proven skill in leading and working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g. IT, International, Marketing)
- Experience working with technical and creative teams and translate these areas to business teams, with an understanding of impacts
- Lead strategic vision for enabling owned-channel messaging platforms and steady-state operation
- Serve as a key business SME and point of contact for assigned product(s), including the Orchestration Platform
- Keep current on emerging technologies and business strategies that can enable increased relevancy for the guest across Marriott’s digital products
- Collaborate with other Product and Platform teams to leverage integrated and cross-product capabilities and align priorities
- Identify optimization opportunities to drive continuous product management
- Collaborate with Digital Personalization and other parts of Global Marketing, Customer Experience and Innovation, other Digital Product Management teams, Project Management/Scrum masters, IT Plan, IT Build, and Enterprise Architecture.
- Partner closely with IT and Enterprise Architecture to build technical capabilities that align with business initiatives and data strategies
- Drive product development through the entire product management lifecycle, from prioritization to release and sprint planning, manage business acceptance criteria, develop user stories, scenarios, and requirements
- Partner with IT Plan to align any product development system dependencies with key platform initiatives and with other efforts in progress across digital channels including Marriott.com, Marriott apps, email, and paid media among others
- Define, document and drive key product business metrics and reporting
- Assist the Senior Director, Personalization and Marketing Platforms in guiding budget planning and manage product budget and timelines
- Partner with Data Strategy, CRM Platform, IT and other development partners to ensure that the required capabilities and data are available within the timeframe required for activation of key personalization campaigns
- Partner with fellow members of the Digital Personalization and Marketing Orchestration to support go-to-market launch plans and continuous optimization tactics that leverage current product and platform capabilities
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self-and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Digital and eCommerce, Marketing
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?