Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
New York Edition HQ, 820 Greenwich Street, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Functions as the strategic business leader for the EDITION brand in the areas of Development, Pre-Opening and Opening Operations. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating Development and Pre-Opening activities. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives throughout the period leading up to the opening of the hotels. The position ensures operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to company. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Development
- Twelve or more years’ experience in the hospitality industry, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
- Eight or more years’ experience in luxury brand operations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related major.
- Leads a team responsible for producing pro forma components including F&B projections and review of feasibility assumptions
- Responsible for reviewing and updating hotel/residential facilities criteria, back of house programming planning
- Lead the creation pre-opening budget and staffing guidelines with regional teams and.; present and receive owner approval
- Conducts property site and market reviews with Owners and Marriott Development teams
- Explores new business opportunities
- Leads owner orientation and immersion presentations
- Reviews business related data such as market share, financial performance, inventory and guest satisfaction to proactively address changing market conditions
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Managers Owner communication (e.g., construction progress, pre-opening and opening and opening, brand immersion)
- Drives the punch/milestone process with Global Operations and Development Asset Management teams
- Manages critical path for opening readiness, including pre-opening and countdown processes
- Stays current with industry trends and monitors strengths and weakness of competition
- Develops business plans designed to maximize guest satisfaction, profitability, and market share
- Ensures property business plans are aligned with the brand’s strategies
- Ensures property operates within budget guidelines and is set up to achieve profit margin goal
- Interviews and hires key employees at both the property and brand level.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?