Posting Date Oct 12, 2021
Job Number 21106390
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Vice President, Marketing Channels Integration & Operations will lead a team focused on efforts to ensure that Marriott’s Global Brand & Marketing (GBAM) strategy is represented and integrated into the various channel strategies, product development lifecycles, marketing plans and go to market operations. He / She will lead a team focused on Marketing Channel Integration and the alignment of internal teams and stakeholders required to activate the global marketing strategy within each stage of the customer travel journey experience. The position achieves alignment for Global Brand & Marketing goals with those of other critical stakeholder teams to drive brand strategy, customer engagement, topline revenues, on-strategy owner investments, and exceptional channel/digital & physical experiences for target customers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Ensure pull-through of the GBAM Strategic Marketing Plan to marketing and customer engagement channels.
- Lead marketing channel integration to ensure cohesive experiences (partnering with Marketing & Digital leaders) and associated measurement (partnering with CX Analytics) across paid, owned, and earned channels. Lead team to champion new initiatives with both Digital, Channel and CX Data / Analytics on behalf of the Brand & Marketing organization.
- Design and facilitate the Global Brand & Marketing operating model (Strategic Planning, Budgeting, In-Take, Prioritization, Execution, Performance Management, and Alignment).
- Define and advance brand, product and marketing programs that emanate from the GBAM strategy.
- Inform and influence strategic and product planning for Consumer Operations organization, to include Global Brand & Marketing goals.
- Champion the collaborative design, activation, testing, and optimizing of digital product capabilities and experiences across the customer travel journey.
- Drive alignment of brand & marketing strategies with:
- Continent leaders
- Digital UX teams
- Digital Commerce Product teams
- Digital Property teams
- Digital Personalization / Merchandising teams
- Insights and Analytics teams
- Marketing Channels & Optimization team (paid and owned channels)
- Other critical stakeholder teams as appropriate to advance the above, including Distribution, Revenue Management, Loyalty Programs & Partnerships, New Ventures, and Global Operations teams
- Lead all Global Brand & Marketing initiatives involving the Digital and/or Strategic Insights & Analytics organization – includes identifying needs, defining scope, business case development, funding pursuit, and execution if funded.
This role will report to the SVP, Marketing Channels & Optimization, is a member of the Marketing Channels leadership team and Global Brand & Marketing extended leadership team.
Education and Experience
- 12+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance AND
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Information Systems, Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related major OR
- 14+ years of relevant professional experience in a related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and patterns of exceptional performance
- 7+ years of managerial experience
- Marketing & Digital experience desired
- Consulting experience a plus
- Proven experience with marketing performance metrics and partnering with Data & Analytics teams
- Proven understanding of digital product lifecycle and agile development methodologies
- Expertise in customer experience journey innovation, audience segmentation, brand positioning, creative UX design, and integrated marketing strategies.
- Working knowledge of Digital Media/Ad Tech space (e.g. DMPs, DSPs, Ad-Servers, DCO, Tag Management)
- Understanding/background with optimization/testing tools (e.g. Adobe Target, Monetate, Maximyser)
- Understanding/background with digital measurement and analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Proven ability to drive change and build consensus through a highly matrixed organization of internal and agency partners.
- Experience or understanding of agency and/or internal marketing operations
- Experience leading direct reports and cross functional distributed teams
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and grow direct reports
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
STRATEGIC MARKETING PLAN IMPLEMENTATION AND PULL-THROUGH
- Pull-through of Strategic Global Brand & Marketing priorities and rationale (e.g., Leisure Marketing Strategy, Customer Journey Led Message & Channel Plan to enabled targeted marketing and content strategy, Brands by trip type).
- Champions Global Brand & Marketing’s vision for digital product capabilities and experiences.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results in partnership with stakeholder teams.
- Drives enhancements to our integration/collaborative operating model to maximize productivity and impact of our partnerships with stakeholder teams.
- Works closely with cross-functional stakeholders to design and spearhead a cohesive strategy for Global Brand & Marketing goals in the digital experiences constituting each customer journey stage.
- Assesses and prioritize desired capabilities and experiences from Global Brand & Marketing leaders based on assessment of strategic benefits relative to time/resources/investment costs.
- Collaboratively designs targeted digital customer experiences that deliver on customer needs, while also achieving brand positioning goals and marketing KPIs.
- Integrates and optimizes various types of content to inspire, engage, and covert customer business within the digital experience.
- Drives appropriate merchandising of offers messages within the digital experience.
- Ensures consistent UX across the customer journey in alignment with Brand & Marketing strategies.
- Identify necessary capability investments to support achievement of the strategic marketing plan and create business cases to support prioritization of initiatives, including funding
MARKETING CHANNEL INTEGRATION & OPERATIONS
- Manage a team that will serve as central points of contact for Global Brand & Marketing to partner with the Digital organization on Marketing and Brand innovations - including summarizing requirements, aligning gaps across Brands, prioritizing projects, and partnering to create new capabilities through the Enterprise digital products.
- Bring siloed marketing and product efforts and teams together into unified approaches that result in strong performance, aligning Digital Teams / Channel Teams / Product Experiences (e.g., M.com, App, HWS, Search, Shop / Storefront, Design Standards, Digital Operations, Transactional Emails, SMS). Collaboratively design, test, and refine new experiences to implement Global Brand & Marketing strategies. (e.g., Branded HWS, Branded Contact-Lite, Brand characteristics in SERP).
- Partner with the CX Analytics organization for marketing measurement standards, improving attribution and overall measurement sophistication, as well as prioritizing Brand & Marketing needs within broader data infrastructure efforts.
- Partner closely with the Marketing platforms and Audience Distribution teams within Marketing to ensure platform roadmaps, data taxonomy, privacy requirements, and innovation roadmap dependencies and priorities remain in sync.
- Participate in appropriate governance forums (e.g. Personalization, Digital, XPLT, Data Governance) and socialize output through Brand & Marketing leadership.
- Partner with Brand & Marketing, Digital, CX, and other teams as needed to define business cases for major initiatives.
- Alignment of Global Brand and Marketing forums to Planning & Services to streamline updates and secure cross-functional support.
- Analyzes performance of efforts and initiatives to hone focus onto the most impactful priorities.
MANAGING RESPONSIBILITIES WITH STAKEHOLDERS
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Roots all efforts and initiatives in a well-researched understanding of the target customers and the Marriott International product & service portfolio.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
GENERATING TALENT AND DEVELOPING TEAMS
- Hire, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Oversees a team of Marketing leaders and change agents to drive new thinking through the organization and transformation into a customer-led, performance minded organization that is continually focused on optimizing the business outcomes. Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Supports individual team and department-wide efforts to improve organizational culture and work environment within the department as reflected in annual associate survey results and informal feedback forums.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
EXECUTIVE COMMUNICATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- Frequently develop and deliver updates to all levels of Executives through in-person presentations, conference calls, and written communications.
- Present strategy and optimization updates and results at key internal/external updates including: Continent forums, Executive updates, Owner/Franchisee meetings, etc.
MANAGING AND CONDUCTING HUMAN RESOURCES ACTIVITIES
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating
Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current CDC standards or approved for a medical or religious accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.