LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
About the role...
A technician’s responsibility is to maintain the quality of the guest experience at the highest level possible by ensuring that all technical aspects of areas under Entertainment and Events are delivered at consistently excellent levels. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to supporting show operations (lighting, audio, stagehand, and pyrotechnics), special events install/operation/strike, and resort wide audio support including ride audio/background music/paging microphones, ride CCTV & theatrical lighting systems plus all effects inside the 4D theatre. Entertainment team members are cross-trained to work and support in all areas of the department.
What you’ll be doing...
- Carries out green tag/red tag procedures for all resort wide audio/video support systems including but not limited to: resort background music using Nion Media Matrix, QSC Q sys, digital video displays, ride audio, ride CCTV and theatrical only lighting systems, and paging microphones.
- Assists in the green tag and maintenance of the 4D theatre, ensuring that all show effects, lighting, audio, and projection are properly calibrated and in good working order.
- Troubleshoots audio related issues from power to signal and make basic repairs to speaker connections, cones, and amplifiers through soldering, rewiring, or exchange out of equipment.
- Performs regular maintenance on equipment and reports all defects to the department leadership.
- Performs scene shifts, prop changes, assist as needed with costume changes, and provides theatrical support including but not limited to: show/event installation, strike, and operation; monthly venue maintenance programs; cross-training, and covering open positions.
- Provides theatrical support including but not limited to: show/event installation, strike, and operation; monthly venue maintenance programs; cross-training of positions.
- Serves as radio carrier to help solve challenges that arise throughout the day on any resort background music, intercom or ride paging units, and/or video systems.
- Carries out all necessary technical pre and post show checks of equipment and props to ensure the safety and good working order of all equipment.
Carries out regular maintenance checks on all equipment in the facility and reports all issues and defects to an Entertainment Technical Supervisor including effects, lighting, and show control in the 4D Theatre.
- Troubleshoots as needed and makes minor repairs on scenic elements, sound systems, lighting fixtures, special effects, and other technical components.
Attends all rehearsal periods as required to maintain LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s show program.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment in the control booth, stage and backstage areas at all times.
Assists other Entertainment team members in maintaining clean and safe facility environments when required
Who we’re looking for...
Requires a working knowledge of technical theatre, including but not limited to: audio and lighting systems, video, prop maintenance, show control, pyrotechnics, rigging and audio repair. Two years of experience in operating lighting and sound equipment for live performances preferred. A working knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment associated with a resort wide audio/video support systems including but not limited to: digital media interfaces such as Peavey Media Matrix, Alcorn McBride, Q sys, in-ground speakers such as TIC, QSC & Klipsch, Real3D movie projection and other various types of video projection also preferred. Prior theme park experience is a bonus but not required. Must have excellent organizational and planning skills. Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative. Leads by example with a demonstrated history of supporting colleagues. Strong problem solving skills and dedicated to providing outstanding guest service. Requires the ability to remain calm under pressure.
What you'll get...
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
About Merlin Entertainments
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
Interested in this opportunity?