About the job
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
About the job…
To perform duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition. Starting Pay Rate: $12.00/hour
What you’ll be doing…
· Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel
· Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors
· Assist culinary staff during any special request or priorities as requested by management
· Put away all clean utensils; put away & rotate stock in designated areas
· Ensure uniform and appearance is clean and professional
· Properly maintains dish machine to include cleaning, water changing, and chemical usage
· Separate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers; steam-clean or hose-out garbage cans, and maintain loading dock
Health & Safety:
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Policy (HS001) and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.
Who we’re looking for…
· Prior hospitality or restaurant experience preferred, however, no prior experience required
· Must be able to work a flexible shift, weekends and holidays
· Ability to understand OSHA regulations
· Ability to use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy
· Ability to understand simple instructions
· Ability to learn simple procedures and techniques
· Ability to perform routine work or the same task
High school graduate or General Education Degree (or equivalent education and experience) is preferred.
· Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
· Must be able to bend twist bend squat.
· Must be able to go up and down stairs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the Resort and interact with employees.
· Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
· Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive.
· Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
· Lifting light to moderate loads (10 to 50lbs.) frequently; both hands will be required to lift and move loads with uneven weight distribution.
· Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
Other Job Requirements:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support Resort operations.
- Must have valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Must have or be able to get a valid passport and relevant travel visas. Requires travel domestically and internationally.
- Requires lifting, bending, and repetitious movements.
- Attendance is a mandatory function of this job.
What you'll get...
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
** Please consider whether you'll be able to travel to and from the Resort. Some shifts may fall into unsociable hours.**
About Merlin Entertainments
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
- Department: F&B kitchen