Hotel Line Cook
About the job
Hotel Line Cook
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
About the role...
Prepares, cooks, and plates both hot and cold food. Assists with the set up and clear down of all back of the house operations. Following all opening and closing procedures and all LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Hotel safety, sanitation and cleanliness standards and policies. Starting Pay Rate: $13.00/hour.
What you’ll be doing...
▪ Maintain high standard of food quality throughout hotel kitchen operations
▪ Ensure written recipes, presentation and SOP’s are carried out consistently and accurately
▪ Strategic planning to deliver cost effective results and minimize waste
▪ Establish and maintain cleanliness standards and procedures including Merlin Food Safety Guidelines
▪ Assist in the review and development of menus/menu items
▪ Ensure food quality/production standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained at all times.
▪ Ensure a high standard of food production and presentation at all times
▪ Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all locations at all times
▪ Ensure all cleaning materials and equipment within the department are used in conjunction with manufacturers specifications and as laid down in the SOP manual
▪ Prepares and stocks any missing place for the upcoming shift
▪ During service, is responsible for operation of a station within the kitchen, producing parts or whole of both hot and cold meals
▪ Possess a good working knowledge of the entire menu
▪ Works closely with other team members to ensure that all food is prepared, ready for services in a timely manner
▪ Ensures that all food served is prepared and plated in compliance with all quality standards and per the recipe
▪ At the end of shift or service, assists in the cleaning and closing of all kitchen and back of house operation and equipment
▪ Ensures that all products are stored and rotated in adherence to FIFO and all safety standards
▪ Must follow and implement all the LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Hotels policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation and cleanliness standards
▪ Knowledgeable on all LEGOLAND food safety and HACCP procedures
▪ Responsible for implementing and maintaining any relevant procedures and records
▪ Follow and adhere to all policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND Resort and Hotel
Who we’re looking for...
1-2 years of progressive experience in F&B production, preferably in a theme park, resort, or multi-unit operation preferred. Must be able to remain calm and maintain a positive image within a busy kitchen environment at all times. Should share a passion for cooking and delivering quality food in a quest service environment. Strong communication, organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required. Must work effectively in a fast-paced customer-focused environment within a Matrix Organization. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including and delivering quality food in a guest service environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, purchase orders, correspondence.
What you'll get...
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
** Please consider whether you'll be able to travel to and from the Resort. Some shifts may fall into unsociable hours.**
About Merlin Entertainments
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
- Department: F&B kitchen