GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH), we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We’re continually seeking top talent that are passionate about hospitality and committed to being their personal best. As you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the NCLH family! APPLY ONLINE
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started. All candidates must complete an on-line application to be considered.ABOUT NCLH
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
With a combined fleet of 29 ships with approximately 60,000 berths, these brands of NCLH offer itineraries to more than 490 destinations worldwide.
The Company has 8 additional ships scheduled for delivery through 2027, comprising approximately 24,000 berths. The combined brands of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings currently employ over 31,000 shipboard crew from more than 110 different countries.
As our company adds new destinations, itineraries and ships, there are wonderful opportunities for new crew to join our family!
Are you looking for a fantastic job on the high seas?Apply to live and work on Norwegian Cruise Line M/SPride of America
which has a year-round Hawaiian itinerary!Inaugurated in 2005, the Pride of America is the only large passenger US-flagged
vessel.To take a 360 virtual tour of the ship, click here: http://bit.ly/1TGOyGW *** PLEASE READ PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE APPLICATION*** PER UNITED STATES COAST GUARD REGULATIONS, CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICAMUST BE UNITED STATED CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS RESIDENT ALIENS (GREEN CARD HOLDERS). FAILURE TO MEET THIS REQUIREMENT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY YOU FOR EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION ONBOARD THE PRIDE OF AMERICA.POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- The Laundry Person must provide professional laundry and dry cleaning service to guests, crew and departments on board and within the limits of established company policy and procedures.
- Ensures the correct sorting of linens and towels, stain removal and “reject” procedures, washing, drying and folding of laundry.
- Proficient in the use and care of all equipment. Including but not limited to the pressing machines (mangler), towel folders, washing machines, dryers, dry cleaning machines, irons, presses, etc.
- Cleans lint filters on dryers on a regular basis (every 2 hours) or as required and completes log book accordingly.
- Cleans drain filter for washing machine on a regular basis (every 2 hours) or as required.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of work areas and machinery. All machinery to be dusted on a routine basis.
- Responsible for the storing, cleaning and distribution of all linens, towels, table linens, costumes, guest/crew laundry and dry cleaning, includes washing, spot cleaning, dry cleaning, pressing, folding and properly preparing items for return to operations to guest/crew.
- Sorts soiled linen on the basis of linen type, article type, and soil type.
- Ensures all linen and terry are clean and stain-free when returned to the different locations and outlets.
- Assists in the packing and or delivery of linen/towels for Stateroom Steward sections.
- Handles stain removal and “reject” procedures by performing pre-and-post treatment of stains.
- Performs proper washing and dry cleaning procedures in accordance to machine instructions and care requirements.
- Separates torn and stained linen while performing folding procedures.
- Provides assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day by stripping bed and pillows, removing linen, towels, chinaware, glassware, and garbage from the rooms. Additionally, collecting and removing the bags of soiled linens and towels. Sanitizes the ice bucket, lid, coffee carafe, and coffee filter basket for assigned stateroom sections. Vacuums staterooms and guest corridors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must perform and meet standards set by USPH and SEMS Rules and Regulations.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- One year experience operating and maintaining various types of laundry, dry cleaning, pressing, and folding machines is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalency is required.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE:
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC). In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
- Have a Reasonably Clear Background
- The U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) requires all crew members employed with NCL America aboard the Pride of America to hold a Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC). In order to qualify for a MMC, applicants must demonstrate specific physical abilities necessary to perform shipboard duties per USCG guidelines (COMPDTPUB 16700.4 NVIC 04-8). Shall have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40.0 or less. Blood Pressure as per USCG a maximum 160/100.
With 18 world class vessels, including the newest, Norwegian Prima, Norwegian Cruise Line has one of the most nimble and contemporary fleets in the industry. Fourteen ships are divided among five different classes, including the Sun, Dawn, Jewel, Breakaway and Breakaway Plus Class. Norwegian Epic, Pride of America and Norwegian Spirit are in their own classes, adding to the brand's variety of vessels. Following the Breakaway Plus Class, the most innovative and successful class in the Company's history, Norwegian Cruise Line announced in 2017 the next generation class of ships with Prima Class. The Company welcomes 6 ships from 2022 to 2027. The new class will build upon the brand's legacy of freedom and flexibility found across its fleet and feature a host of cutting-edge designs that will further elevate its already award winning guest experience.www.ncl.com OCEANIA CRUISES:
Oceania Cruises is the World's Leading Culinary - and Destination-Focused Cruise Line. The Finest Cuisine at Sea®, Destination Specialists and Small & Luxurious Ships are the pillars that define Oceania Cruises' five-star product, positioning the line as the cruise company of choice for travelers seeking a truly refined and casually elegant travel experience. Featuring a fleet of small, luxurious ships, Oceania Cruises offers a vacation experience renowned for its gourmet culinary program inspired by Master Chef Jacques Pepin and its array of destination-rich itineraries spanning the globe. Seasoned world travelers are drawn to Oceania Cruises' diverse voyages, which call on more than 400 ports across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and the Americas. Oceania Cruises will welcome the stunning new Vista in summer 2023.www.oceaniacruises.com REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES:
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is the leading luxury cruise line, delivering An Unrivaled Experience® for over 25 years. Carrying no more than 750 guests, the line's spacious and stylish ships - Seven Seas Explorer®, Seven Seas Mariner®, Seven Seas Navigator®, Seven Seas Splendor® and Seven Seas Voyager® - form the World's Most Luxurious Fleet and explore more than 450 immersive destinations globally. Offering Unrivaled Space at Sea™, guest enjoy sumptuous all-suite accommodations, nearly all with private balconies, which are among the largest at sea, as well as highly personalized service throughout lavish public areas and expansive outdoor spaces. The Team at Regent Seven Seas Cruises is currently preparing for the debut of Seven Seas Grandeur® in summer 2023.www.rssc.com GET SOCIAL WITH US!
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/norwegian-cruise-line https://www.linkedin.com/company/oceania-cruises https://www.linkedin.com/company/regent
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NCLJobs EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERIt is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.