Head of Commercial - Germany, based in Germany or the UK – predominant base in Germany with regular travel required between countries. Essential Requirement: Fluent/native German (written and spoken)
In just three years we’ve gone from a start-up Premier Inn hotel in Frankfurt, to 19 trading hotels, with an open and committed pipeline of almost 10,000 bedrooms across 52 hotels in key locations across the country. Our Premier Inn brand is synonymous with success - with more than 800 hotels and over 78,000 Premier Inn rooms across the UK and Ireland. Our international expansion plans are focused on Germany – building on Premier Inn’s strong credentials to establish a major hotel brand and develop a successful business of scale in this attractive market.
As our proud history shows, we won’t stop until we become the number one budget hotel operator in Germany, and, as Head of Commercial, we need your expertise in delivering revenue performance, our brand agenda and leading B2B sales strategy as you work alongside the German Executive Team to help us fulfil our ambition and establish Premier Inn.
What you will bring to the role:
- Fluent German, ideally with experience working within the German market.
- Experience of leading large successful teams as part of a Pan European, or multinational, business.
- You don’t need to have worked within the hotel sector but you will have experience working within a data intensive environment that has a strong internet presence.
- Knowledge of dynamic pricing or similar pricing agility.
- Experience launching an established brand within a new market would be great, alternatively you may have other experience to draw upon that would be transferrable to this exciting challenge.
You will demonstrate your expertise by:
- Being responsible for delivering revenue performance, marketing and brand agenda for Premier Inn Germany
- Working in a matrix style, with centres of excellence in the UK to establish and develop Premier Inn as a leading budget hotel brand within Germany.
- Defining the customer and commercial strategy for the next five years, to include working with the Germany Executive team and Global Marketing and Commercial teams to develop the future marketing and commercial vision for Germany
- Overseeing the management of the pricing system and deployment of the trading strategy into the pricing model and framework.
- Managing the performance of the core German digital assets, including working with our UK development teams to execute changes that drive improvements.
- Developing our dealing frameworks and sales approach in Germany. Managing our sales teams to ensure both robust pipeline management and conversion of new accounts, but also ongoing revenue delivery of existing accounts.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.
20 Nov 2020
04 Dec 2020